How to forward a subdomain to another ip ????

Anybody know how I can forward a DOMAIN to another ip?

; cPanel 10
    ; Zone file for MYDOMAIN.COM
    $TTL 14400
    @ 86400 IN SOA ns1.mynameserverdomain.com. MYEMAIL.gmail.com. (
    2006010600 ; serial, todays date+todays
    21600 ; refresh, seconds
    7200 ; retry, seconds
    21600 ; expire, seconds
    21600 ) ; minimum, seconds

MYDOMAIN.COM. 86400 IN NS ns1.mynameserverdomain.com.
    MYDOMAIN.COM. 86400 IN NS ns2.mynameserverdomain.com.

MYDOMAIN.COM. IN A 66.66.66.66

localhost.MYDOMAIN.COM. IN A 127.0.0.1

MYDOMAIN.COM. IN MX 0 MYDOMAIN.COM.

mail IN CNAME MYDOMAIN.COM.
    www IN CNAME MYDOMAIN.COM.
    ftp IN A 66.66.66.66
    * IN A 66.66.66.66
    I tried changing the

MYDOMAIN.COM. IN A 66.66.66.66

line to another server's ip address, and changed serial number, reloaded named, and waited a while, didn't work....

Basically, I need to use all subdomains on this main server but I want to use the main www.mydomain.com and mydomain.com on another server.

From what you have said, you are doing the correct thing. But make sure that you are making the changes in the right nameservers and the serial is set to a new one. After running rndc reload ,tail messages for any errors.

You did correct thing. But if you aren't sure use "nslookup" to check the results of changes.

Kris

k, i thought i was doing the right thing... I will try nslookup later but I just don't know what the deal is, it just won't go to the right ip, it ALWAYS shows the subdomains' ip ( since the * is 66.66.66.66 , it shows www.mydomain and mydomain.com as 66.66.66.66 even tho i tried changing it.

Also something weird.... I changed the ttl time and all the time to 3600 so I can update my nameservers in just one hour and reflect changes, but now this is my FOURTH isp to try since over 24 hours of changing all named files, up'ing the serial and server named stop;server named restart; and not one of the four isp's i tried shows the right ip address.... loll.... now is that messed up or is that MESSED up?

root@server [/home/user0001/public_html/]# nslookup my-domain.info
    Server: 66.66.66.01
    Address: 66.66.66.01#53

Name: my-domain.info
    Address: 66.66.66.66

[/quote]

k it's not working.... Why would it not be working ? it STILL shows the ip address that I added the domain to in cpanel, even though I edited the named .db file, aded to the serial number and stop/restarted named service.

What am I doing wrong? the above is the exact output of the nslookup my-domain.info and the 66.66.66.01 is the ip address of the FIRST nameserver....

Why/how do i fix this issue, right now I can't even change the ip address of the site, I tried changing all the ip's in the /var/named/my-domain.info.db file , added to the serial, service named stop;service named restart, waited 48 hours now and it still shows the old ip address......

HELP PLEASE lol....... Is cpanel caching the ip somewhere or why does it not work when i edited /var/named/my-domain.info.db , changed serial number, and restart named ? did I restart named wrong?.....