How Do I Restore Full Backup in Cpanel

Is there a way to restore a Full Backup in cpanel that I have uploaded to my new host, without having to go the long route of uploading partial backups and individual MySQL Databases? The full backup has already been uploaded to the root (/home/products) of the new host.

My Host wont install the Full Backup for me sayin I should pay an extra $15.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by mikenashfemi100; 04-16-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Uploading a full backup is something that only the host can do (or at least, someone with reseller privileges). You're a bit stuck there.

To be honest, though, I'm a bit surprised. So many hosts will migrate an account from another cPanel host for free, that to charge you $15 for the privilege is a bit off.
    Not as active on WHT as I used to be, but still drop in and receive email notifications from here.
    My personal blog site: https://www.oakleys.org.uk/blog

I can't believe they would charge you for a single account restore. If you were asking to have 100 accounts restored, maybe.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Hello,
    I agree with the others, most hosts offer free migration as a standard. If your host does not, you may want to re-think your hosting relationship
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Many hosts will move your site free and it's strange for a host to charge like this.

Do you mind sharing who the host is?

Is the backup file big (over 10GB)? As others have said already, it is unusual for a host to charge for a single restore, unless the account is pretty big.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

There should be a option i do believe. Mine has one.

You can restore full home folder backup and MySQL DB backups but not full cPanel backup which needs a whole cPanel account recreation.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

Thanks for your replies all. The company is jixhost. There was an "issue" with them which was "resolved". See this thread.

In summary. I opened a BBB case against them. Eventually they said if I closed the case, they would re-activate my account, which I did. So they gave me my acount back. (It had been closed/deleted during the BBB case).

So I reupload my backup to JH, and ask them to install it, to which they say pay $15. Although they had installed it for free the first time around when I signed up. I feel they should have the 'courtesy' to do it again since it is their fault that my backup and the installataion they did the first time got deleted. It's their fault because their system locked me out of my account for days, and they failed to let me back in, which made me ask for a refund. So that's the summary of the case.

I have manually uploaded all my SQL databases. will also do all the email filters and forwarders.

The problem is the home directory backup. I have just spent the whole night and morning, some 12 hours or so, extracting it to my /publich_html folder but still only a few files and folders got extracted. problem is my internet is not particularly fast, so I am thinking that's why not a lot of files were extracted. The backup is about 6gb.

Can anyone help tell please.

Having read the above posts and your detailed explanation as well, why don't you consider other hosting guys here in offers section....

Several hosting pals offer Free Transfer service indeed...

Try them during Money Back Guarantee Period (usually it is 30 days) and decide accordingly...

On one hand I can understand that probably the reason you want to stay with them is the money issue,that you will lose the year you have paid.
    On the other hand,don't you think that this is already a bad start?

As far as the issue,unfortunately the only one who can restore a full site backup is your host. The only way to solve the problem is to find someone you can trust,with a better connection,and have him grab the file,and manually upload the files.

Because client did not want to wait up to 48hrs for his dns to propagate, he...

1. Charges back.
    2. Posts slander.
    3. Opens BBB case.

His revenue is about $4/mo and is paid for the year. Does anyone want this client for FREE? If any host here wants to be a hero and to try and look good, now is the opportunity.
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

Quote Originally Posted by ramdox View Post
    On one hand I can understand that probably the reason you want to stay with them is the money issue,that you will lose the year you have paid.
    On the other hand,don't you think that this is already a bad start?

As far as the issue,unfortunately the only one who can restore a full site backup is your host. The only way to solve the problem is to find someone you can trust,with a better connection,and have him grab the file,and manually upload the files.
    Yes. This is the only reason I stay with them. And yes it is a bad start. but what can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
    Because client did not want to wait up to 48hrs for his dns to propagate, he...

1. Charges back.
    2. Posts slander.
    3. Opens BBB case.

His revenue is about $4/mo and is paid for the year. Does anyone want this client for FREE? If any host here wants to be a hero and to try and look good, now is the opportunity.
    I am not even going to respond to this guy talking trash here. The reason I charged back and posted "slander" and opened a BBB case is because the very next day after I signed up for an account I couldnt access my account and after opening a support ticket, 3 or 4 days later, you still would/could not give me access to my account. Anyone who read my original post will see the facts and agree I was justified in my actions and that you are just talking rubbish. So you can talk all the trash you want, it won't change the fact of who/what you are.

That said good people of this great forum. I have managed to extract the full backup to my public_html folder, but in it there is another zipped folder called homedir.tar (along with other open folders like bandwidth, meta, sslcerts, etc). I am assuming that the zipped homedir.tar is the the one that contains my folders/domains and that I should extract these into the public_html. Can someone please confirm if this is what I should do? Thanks. And also, I assume it is safe to delete the other folders (bandwidth, meta, sslcerts, etc?)

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenashfemi100 View Post
    Yes. This is the only reason I stay with them. And yes it is a bad start. but what can I do?

I am not even going to respond to this guy talking trash here. The reason I charged back and posted "slander" and opened a BBB case is because the very next day after I signed up for an account I couldnt access my account and after opening a support ticket, 3 or 4 days later, you still would/could not give me access to my account. Anyone who read my original post will see the facts and agree I was justified in my actions and that you are just talking rubbish. So you can talk all the trash you want, it won't change the fact of who/what you are.

That said good people of this great forum. I have managed to extract the full backup to my public_html folder, but in it there is another zipped folder called homedir.tar (along with other open folders like bandwidth, meta, sslcerts, etc). I am assuming that the zipped homedir.tar is the the one that contains my folders/domains and that I should extract these into the public_html. Can someone please confirm if this is what I should do? Thanks. And also, I assume it is safe to delete the other folders (bandwidth, meta, sslcerts, etc?)

Thanks all.
    In your original post most were telling you the reason, just you were choosing to ignore them as well. Perhaps that's why no one here has taken my offer to take your account from us. Personally you are a nightmare to deal with and rest assured I will not be offering anything above and beyond for you, let alone free. Hopefully you will leave at the end of your term with us.
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

If It is a cPanel full backup the server admin needs to do this.

You host should be able to help you with this.
    Hydro Host – Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting – Reseller Hosting – Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro_Host View Post
    If It is a cPanel full backup the server admin needs to do this.

You host should be able to help you with this.

It's safe to assume you didn't read the entire thread Host is asking 15usd to do that,there is already bad history beetween them.

My comment to both parties would be to find a solution that can compensate both of them as to either continue their cooperation,or go their seperate ways.

As always, the smoke clears quickly around these unusual stories once both sides have had their say.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts