Australian Merchant Accounts

After just being on the phone with St George and being told they are "looking into it" in regards to USD processing we are after a international/australian merchant account that is non 3rd party. They must support USD processing

Thanks
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Just curious - do you have a business as well in the US & a bank account @ least?

Hi there, obviously I'm a first time poster, I just found your forum today but the above question is actually similiar to the one I have been trying to find out.

I just started up a web hosting company with a friend of mine in Australia (I'm in the US) and we will be catering to both US and Australian customers.

We were looking at using software from a company called Modernbill but they don't have a lot of detailed info on their site and it seems they never return there voicemail messages or troubletickets.

Does anyone know if they support multiple currencies. I would like to set it up so the reoccuring monthly billing can include AUD and USD.

Thanks in advance.

Darkfae - there are a couple of thread with Modernbill - you might do a search or start a thread with Modernbill in the subject so people will see it.

but then again - if they do not return your call, is that a good thing? What happens when you are their client - does it get better or worse?

Most gateways supports multiple currencies. That is what you need to look for.

We are based in Australia, and registered as a business in Australia only. I have read a few threads regarding a company charging $1500USD and setting up a US Bank account and merchant account however the term trust does come into it.

Setting up a merchant account should never be that much - that's for sure. Maybe a couple of hundred dollars but $1,500 is way too much.

And yes, you do want to trust them. That is imperative. Afterall, it is your money.

You might want to review Paysystems & see what they can offer you. A US merchant account can be obtained with an SSN but you do at least needa US business address / checking account. And then your discount rate is about 3.32% & there is a delay of about 5 days in getting your money since there is no social security number.

What is the 3.32% and 5-day delay that you are referring to?

I assume you are describing your own merchant program with CSI since it is up to each individual merchant processor what their terms and conditions are for merchant accounts w/o a U.S. signer.
    (i.e. the rates may be lower or higher for some, others may not have any increase funding time it all, it may be acceptable or entirely non-acceptable to some banks)
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Not necessarily. Just a few that I have checked out recently. But of course every processor is different.

I would recommend Paysystems though for someone outside the US with no US presence at this time.

www.GoDaddy.com is offering international merchant accounts now and I believe they process USD.

Interesting thanks, don't know about 5.5% though

Use WorldPay, for AUD and USD...
    If your after an Australian based mechant account talk to your bank.

My understanding is that here in Australia Visa and Mastercard set down rules on what currency banks can chace funds from cards in.
    That's why here in Australia we can only collect in AUD, as the banks themselves can't collect USD funds from a credit card.
    That's my understanding a year ago when I got mine.

I do a lot of volume on my Aussie Merchant account and I got a great rate, after 5 months of paying 4.9%, now I pay less since I do more... work that out

We use worldpay but modernbill does not work properly with it.

Heres an example: Bill has 5 invoice totalling $600 bill pays a $10 invoice all of Bills invoices are marked as paid. We have tried since 6 months ago to get Modernbill to fix the issue

RIght now there is no one in OZ that does USD. I have checked them all. National has a plan they have been trying to get off the ground forever but it is still not a full go.
    It is also expensive to set up, about $3k and discount rate of about 5% plus they want a min of half mil per year processing.

We use Commonwealth and pay 1.8% discount rate, we charge in USD but process in AUD we do a cenversion each day before we run the batch from USD to AUD.

We tell our customers up front that they will see a small difference each month but promise at no time will it be more than the USD price they were quoted. So someone paying $20.00 US may get charged $19.96 one month and $19.94 the next. So far none of our customers have a problem with it those that want it exact we offer pay pal as an option.

Don't we aussies wished we locked in our plan rates at the aussie dollar when it was around $0.52 ?

Then again, our USA clients would notice their cost getting more by the month. heh.

We bill in US dollars, as nearly all our clients come from the USA. Paysystems is far from perfect, but it's doing the job so far . . .
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

20% of my revenue is collected in USD.
    This has been droping off since the dollar is getting stronger, we're going to start billing in AUD for everything! Go the aussie dollar!

Check PSObill.com

Mark

Originally posted by Techark
    [B]RIght now there is no one in OZ that does USD. I have checked them all. National has a plan they have been trying to get off the ground forever but it is still not a full go.
    It is also expensive to set up, about $3k and discount rate of about 5% plus they want a min of half mil per year processing.
    Not entirely true Esec/Securepay's interface will handle USD and from what i understand they simply convert it to AUD before passing it thru to the merchant account.

And what about paymate they now process in USD as well
    Alpine Hosting - Australian & US General and Reseller Hosting - Dual Xeon Servers - 24/7 Support
    Dedicated Servers Australia -Australian Managed and Unmanaged Servers and Co-Location

Paymate uses National to accept AUD and USD credit card transactions, but all transactions are converted to AUD.

I would very stongly recommend you do not use PayMate as they are worse than PayPal when it comes to disputes. They can authorise a chargeback without even providing you with the reason it took place.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •