Thread: Issues with HMS

* Issues with HMS

Issues I have had this past week with "HostMySite.com" first it came to where it took a week for the DNS to change over that really ticked me off when 30 people on yahoo told me they could not ping it as well as my self but the HMS guys said they could. Now tonight I had a conversation on phplive with a support tech named "T** *" (sorry won't say his whole name) and he just up and said "well its pingable by us not sure you need to check with your server admin" I kept telling him I own the server it was fine 3mins ago and now it's down and not a single issue is going on with my server nor can any friend of mine on yahoo ping it. I then stated "do you all allow transferring domains to a different registrar? no repons.... yes, no?" he then left without a word. Oh that really ticked me off...

Anyone else have issues with them? They say there sales and support are online but no one picks up on phplive support for them I'm thinking of changing my IP and try to see if anyone picks up just to get even more mad, as I know phplive allows you to view the user and see if he has been there before.

Jason

Change host.

Oh I am changing to a different domain registerar. Just thought it was pretty bad when I've bought domains for the past 8 years and never once had a person leave a chat room but this person did.

That is bad but it could be local dns issues if it is working from some places and so not an issue on their side.

he then left without a word.
    This is a big NO NO. You never leave a chat without making sure the customer has nothing else to discuss.

Change host.
    I would have started doing this as soon as the host had left the chat.

Oh i did leave. The domain is finally working... Funny thing is I know of many people that i host with them using them as the registerar there domains worked fine
    Jason

Did they manage your dns, or did you only register the domain there?

Did you try calling their tech support?

Jason,

Please email me the tech's name if you still have it and I will investigate this immediately for you. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience - our techs do know better and should NEVER leave a chat before your problems are resolved.

then left without a word. Oh that really ticked me off...
    Are you sure that he left and not that it was a problem with the chat?
    Sometimes I'm speaking with people, and the chat window time out while I'm writing, and I have to pray that the person request a new chat again to explain them that it was a connection issue and not me just leaving the conversation away
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Is HostMySite a registrar, or do they resell domain registrations?

I talked to the "CEO" the next day or the day after, I guess he said there was an issue with the chat and it kicked him off, but I've never heard of some one being kicked off a live chat.

Let me find his name its here some where....

"Tim B" is the name.

JakFetch, just an FYI you all should put the domain dns link some where on your site I sat there one day for 30 mins talking to this guy trying to fix my DNS by my self and he kept giving me some URL for a domain control that I could not fix my DNS and then he finally said oh you mean this link... It gets really dumb when you ask for some thing and word it perfectly and the staff seem like they don't have a clue...

Dostoevsky, I think they sell domains but I also think they are a reseller of DirectI as there DNS CP looks as if it was a DirectI CP.
    Jason

We've actually had problems with our chat program (PHPLIVE) in the past, and are getting ready to replace it, so it may be the case that chat just failed. I've got an inquiry in to check the logs regardless - Tim B is one of the overnight techs.

Re: the DNS domain link, do you mean this:

http://www.hostmysite.com/support/dns/

It's linked in our Support section under Support->DNS Support Articles

Finally, we resell services for OpenSRS, not DirectI.

Jason

Ah, I see - that's the OpenSRS interface actually, which is why we don't have much documentation on it in our Support Section. Plus, if you're trying to configure custom nameservers it's not a particularly common request, so I could see how a new tech may be a bit flummoxed when asked about it.

Apologies for the inconvenience this caused.

Well, it was just kind of funny because he stated I had to request my name servers to be configured.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Dostoevsky View Post
    Is HostMySite a registrar, or do they resell domain registrations?
    The are a reseller of tucows.