The new Hexus.net site is up and running on its new server

http://www.hexus.net

I would like comments please

(Hexus.net creator - David Ross)
    (Hexus.net web dev - JonnyL)

thanx

JonnyL
      0 Not allowed!

Nice layout but for me, there is a problem. I had to scroll down to see all the menu you offer. And probably, if I didn't intend to comment your site, I wouldn't even bother scrolling down the menu. Perhaps, you should try to put all the menu within common screen resolution.(height 600 or 750), I think.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.
      0 Not allowed!

Looks cool hehe

0 Not allowed!

I like it.
    Chris
      0 Not allowed!

Anything that could be improved?
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

Very nice and clean. Two thumbs up
      0 Not allowed!

I like it, it looks professional. The only problem I have is that it's too "busy" up on top. This is obviously a content driven site and the eyes should immediately be drawn towards the center.
      0 Not allowed!

Very nice. It may be just me, but I noticed a glitch in the top right graphic (the hexus logo) It looks like it was uploaded badly, or not fully.

The problem I have with the site (and almost all Nuke type PHP driven sites for that matter), is the navigation. To find anything specific you have to scroll all over the front page looking for something. Maybe that's just a personal opinion.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.
      0 Not allowed!

I like the layout. Its Clear-Cut
    The Php Support Desk
    http://www.phpsupportdesk.com
    Custom programming - kunal @ e-phoria.com
    http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...
      0 Not allowed!

Arrow

Very nice layout!

However, at 70kb your source code is too bloated!
    Use stylesheets instead of the millions of <font> tags ("<span class="foo">text</span>" instead of "<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1" color="#FFFFFF">text</font>).
    Also drop at least half (10) of the news items, put a "older news..." link to an archive.

The dropdowns don't seem to work in Netscape 4.7.. the items are displayed as plain text instead of in the dropdown menu, forcing the viewer to scroll down a couple of screens to see the news items. Of course you don't need 100% compatiblity to NS4.7, but you try to fix that.

-c3
      0 Not allowed!

Smile

Well, thanks chaps for all your comments and tips, just a quick reply to Gregs comments, this site is totally hand made, not using Nuke or Back-End, but i can see your point about navigation.

this is why i added the drop down menus at the top.

as for Netscape 4.7, i say BAH! LOL!

i will look into the problems with NS4.7, but it always means comprimising a design just to satisfy a ****e browser :] (my opinion)

thanks again all

JonnyL
      0 Not allowed!