Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Web Hosting Buzz review

Hi, ive been with WebHosting buzz for about 4 months and had no downtime AT ALL, I'm very impressed with their service and there support is amazing.

1 post newbie, why am I not surprised?

..and your not with 17? i just think WebHostingBuzz is amazing.

Maybe you can share some details on how their support proved to be amazing, an issue that they helped you solve.

In any case, I can confirm that your email domain is hosted by WHB.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Maybe you can share some details on how their support proved to be amazing, an issue that they helped you solve.

In any case, I can confirm that your email domain is hosted by WHB.

I highly doubt that WHB is run by a self-promoting kiddie admin. Take a look at their website: http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

I highly doubt that WHB is run by a self-promoting kiddie admin.
    That doesn't mean the review can't be improved.

Take a look at their website: http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/
    Kiddie hosts have been known to rip sites, so a nicely developed site doesn't really prove anything.

What is your master domain which hosted on WHB?

I had contacted them before. Their support is not friendly and slow.

Also their Pro D reseller plan provides 200 GB space and 20 domain registration. But the price is $55/month ha ha ha The price is too low and the offer is too big. It's impossible offer and is not reliable certainly.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Also their Pro D reseller plan provides 200 GB space and 20 domain registration. But the price is $55/month ha ha ha The price is too low and the offer is too big. It's impossible offer and is not reliable certainly.

I would question this statement. Have you really tested the service? Have you ever been hosted with us? Have you ever opened up a ticket with a genuine case and received an unsatisfactory response?

What if I say that Dhcart is a useless software. I have tested the software and it is nothing compared to half decent billing softwares out there.

Grow up please. Kindly post only when you have something useful to say and not post for the sake of it.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Hi, ive been with WebHosting buzz for about 4 months and had no downtime AT ALL, I'm very impressed with their service and there support is amazing.
    I would be interested in a more detailed review as well. Which domain you host with us?

That doesn't mean the review can't be improved.

Kiddie hosts have been known to rip sites, so a nicely developed site doesn't really prove anything.
    Our team is young, yes, as most of us are 20-40 but none of our 40 odd staff are children

The site was designed in house by our own designer.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

Our team is young, yes, as most of us are 20-40 but none of our 40 odd staff are children

The site was designed in house by our own designer.
    Just to clear this up, in case I wasn't clear enough. I was merely arguing that web design, good or bad, is not an accurate way of judging a host. I most definitely wasn't implying WHB is a kiddie host, or ripped of the site design.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavius View Post
    how do you know there is not a single downtime from them? did you monitor your site uptime?
    RVSkin, RVSiteBuilder, Triple Backup, Unlimited End-user Support Reseller Hosting
    Sales Team from TheMagicHost.com

Just to clear this up, in case I wasn't clear enough. I was merely arguing that web design, good or bad, is not an accurate way of judging a host. I most definitely wasn't implying WHB is a kiddie host, or ripped of the site design.
    Thanks for the clarification

I tried pmming mdrussell with what I am posting, but didn't have the option, so I am going to post it publicly...

I like your plans, but they have a couple of flaws in my humble (very humble opinion)...
    no domain reseller account for your resellers...

Your $10/month plan offers 40 cpanel accounts, but your $20 only offers 70...everything else is in proportion with this plan, as it is going from $5 to $10 to $15, but wouldn't a reseller be better off buying 2 $10 plans and having the extra 10 accounts to resell?

Pre sales service was a bit rough around the edges...when I asked why the $20 plan didn't offer twice as many cpanel accounts as the $10, the agent (Vita G., I believe) simply said "I don't make the plans, management does..." - not exactly friendly, and doesn't really address the question (even saying "i'm not exactly sure" would have been better)

Also, payment options seem to be limited...no check, or Money Order, or Western Union, but the most popular methods seem to be in place (forgot if PayPal is there)...this would be minor complaint, as would be the lack of discount when paying long term in advance (like 6 months at a time, or whole year), but since the plans are very inexpesnive to begin with, is not big deal at all.

Anyway, just thought I'd bring that up and point it out...I would like to sign up with WHB, but the domain reseller thing has me shopping around still.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampdoria View Post
    I tried pmming mdrussell with what I am posting, but didn't have the option, so I am going to post it publicly...

I like your plans, but they have a couple of flaws in my humble (very humble opinion)...
    no domain reseller account for your resellers...

Your $10/month plan offers 40 cpanel accounts, but your $20 only offers 70...everything else is in proportion with this plan, as it is going from $5 to $10 to $15, but wouldn't a reseller be better off buying 2 $10 plans and having the extra 10 accounts to resell?

Pre sales service was a bit rough around the edges...when I asked why the $20 plan didn't offer twice as many cpanel accounts as the $10, the agent (Vita G., I believe) simply said "I don't make the plans, management does..." - not exactly friendly, and doesn't really address the question (even saying "i'm not exactly sure" would have been better)

Also, payment options seem to be limited...no check, or Money Order, or Western Union, but the most popular methods seem to be in place (forgot if PayPal is there)...this would be minor complaint, as would be the lack of discount when paying long term in advance (like 6 months at a time, or whole year), but since the plans are very inexpesnive to begin with, is not big deal at all.

Anyway, just thought I'd bring that up and point it out...I would like to sign up with WHB, but the domain reseller thing has me shopping around still.
    The plans are tiered for a steady upgrade path, but also take into account the likely resources (cpu/memory) the reseller account will be using at certain account levels.

Paypal and CC's are accepted, it's too much of an admin hassle dealing with 1000s of check payments for $5 every month, so we just use automated payment methods.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrussell View Post
    The plans are tiered for a steady upgrade path, but also take into account the likely resources (cpu/memory) the reseller account will be using at certain account levels.
    Understandable...but then why have unlimited cpanel accounts at the next level up (50GB/$25)? Wouldn't CPU resources be more strained if one were to sell too many accounts under that plan?

Paypal and CC's are accepted, it's too much of an admin hassle dealing with 1000s of check payments for $5 every month, so we just use automated payment methods.
    Also quite understandable...small payments by PalPal every month can be a hassle too, though a very small one, if one has to keep making them. I had meant a lump sum payment when talking about MO, check or W/U.

As for the lack of domain reseller account (such as the ubiquitous enom feature on so many plans), I guess your company has no thoughts on that. Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampdoria View Post
    Understandable...but then why have unlimited cpanel accounts at the next level up (50GB/$25)? Wouldn't CPU resources be more strained if one were to sell too many accounts under that plan?

Also quite understandable...small payments by PalPal every month can be a hassle too, though a very small one, if one has to keep making them. I had meant a lump sum payment when talking about MO, check or W/U.

As for the lack of domain reseller account (such as the ubiquitous enom feature on so many plans), I guess your company has no thoughts on that. Fair enough.
    It's finding the balance, and we think we've got it right with the reseller accounts. I'll certainly raise it at our next price review meeting though.

Honestly, with bank charges and tracking it, it's much easier to do Paypal and CC. Particularly when your billing software does it for you.

Domain name reseller accounts... we'll be offering something superior to Enom's but it will be Q2/Q3 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrussell View Post
    It's finding the balance, and we think we've got it right with the reseller accounts. I'll certainly raise it at our next price review meeting though.
    That is both understandable and admirable...balance is improtant. As I said, I like your plans on the whole, and if one really wanted 80 cpanel accounts, they could just get 2 $10 plans.

Honestly, with bank charges and tracking it, it's much easier to do Paypal and CC. Particularly when your billing software does it for you.
    Sure. I can respect that 100 percent.

Domain name reseller accounts... we'll be offering something superior to Enom's but it will be Q2/Q3 2008.
    So, in other words, all I have to do is be patient? No problem...I'm not in any hurry, as I still have some homework to do when it comes to this business.

The addition of domain reselling to your plans would almost definitely seal the deal for me...

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm here because I'm with WHB. I'm researching a new hosting company because today was the final straw. And yes, I'm a newbie here, but hey, I've been with WHB for 3 years and have solid experiences with them. Most of them being bad. I wouldn't normally post things like this, but while researching a new hosting company, I saw this thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I started with WHB in Oct. 2005. I just wanted some place to host my photography. Image sizes were on average 100-200kb each only, so it's not like I was requesting a whole lot.

I'm still trying to remember what my package was supposed to include, but all I really cared about was diskspace and bandwidth. But I signed up for the ecommerce package which I thought included something in the lines of one or 1.5tb bandwidth per month and 7 or 8gb of disk space.

Looking at my account status, my account shows almost 1gb of space used out with 6gb free. Also that since October 2005, I use anywhere from 200mb to 3gb transfer per month, but on average, it's about 1gb per month.

Yesterday, I tried to upload a couple of images and I get this:

550-Quota exceeded: default.htm won't be saved
    550-29951 files used (149%) - authorized: 20000 files
    550 1612015 Kbytes used (15742%) - authorized: 10240 Kb

I figured it was WHB servers messing up as usual and let it sit. Tried again this morning and same thing. So I opened a ticket.

I get this response"

Dear customer.

If you want to take more free space or allocate more files, you must upgrade the account.

We are forwarding your request to billing department.
    Regards,
    Ivan U.
    I didn't send a ticket in to request more space (and pay more I'm sure). I sent a ticket in to inquire where all my space went!

That's this weeks problem. Uptime for me in general with WHB has been an estimated 75%. Did I test? No. This is my experience. 1 out of 4 tries of reaching my website fail more or less.

I don't have continuous things happening on my website. It's small and low traffic for the most part. It seems that quite often, when I actually send a link to an image, someone comes back and tells me that the link doesn't work for them. However, it does work for others at different times of the day, so it's not a bad link.

One out of the four times that I try and ftp to my website, I can't. OR, it just sits there at the login for a few minutes. Quite often, when I do get into FTP and try and upload say, 100 small HTML files (1-5kb each), WHB will drop the connection halfway through.

My experience with support there has been poor, like has been mentioned in other posts, almost rude.

I know my uptime "stats" aren't true to form, but, my experiences are listed above and the perception of it being that low is there.

As soon as I find enough good reviews on a new host, I'm out of WHB.

Bryan

Bryan,

You've been a customer of ours for 3 years and have had all of these problems, yet you have only sent in 3 tickets in the 3 year history? I'm sorry, but I find this a little strange.

Technology can break and servers will never run perfectly, but we maintain ours amongst the best out there. What's more, if you have an issue, why not get in touch with our support. I also checked on the response times; the longest you have had to wait on any of these 3 tickets is 25 minutes.

You are using under 1GB of your disk space allocation and we succesfully managed to upload to your account. If you need help double checking FTP settings then we'd be more than happy to do so. However, you need to actually contact us first for us to do this.

I'll close on saying our uptime is monitored from 2 remote locations at intervals of 60 seconds. We don't change the figures; you'll see uptime occasionally dips if there is a hardware failure. But we're an ethical company and we certainly don't hide this, infact we even post it on our blog.

We'd be happy to help you resolve issues and I'd love to make you a satisfied customer once more but we really do not have much to work with.

Oh, as a follow up, Ivan's response could have been better. He's new on the team here and still training and I will mention this issue to him. We did fall short on this.

Matt,

First, in public, I appreciate the personal attention you're giving this issue.

Why only 3 tickets? When I first signed up, I was a busy guy. My job in IT took me around the states supporting billionaires and my days were long at 16-20 hour days and still had a family to hang out with.

The last thing I wanted to do was to create a ticket for known issues that I saw were happening to other users on your support forum and have to monitor and jugle with over my own support issues. I basically left it at "it'll be better in an hour-24 hours.

I'm not too clear on how your ticket system works, but every system I've worked with, the ticket number stays the same. Forever (unless a system change is done and the tracking is different of course).

My records get a little confusing because of this. Why the change between the XAH and RFA #'s?

One ticket I opened up for out of disk space (#XAH728049/#RFA-125726) on 6/22/07 at about 6:25am for instance. I opened the ticket, got an automated email response back at 6:26am with nothing but ticket information and a status of "Awaiting Staff Response". At 10:09am, I get another email update with exactly the same information.

I think this is where it moved to the web where I posted

"Panda has been out of disk space for the last 20 hours that I've been trying to update my webpage.

Is anything being done to correct this!?

Bryan"

And Vladimir A replied back at 12:45pm with they are working on it and will update when it's fixed.

On 6/25, 3 days later, I start getting emails saying that the ticket is being closed because support hasn't heard from me in 72 hours. I got 3 of these emails between 7am and noon. Ok, the one at 7am said that support hasn't heard from me in 72 hours and if I'd like to consider the issue to be resolved, but the next two said closing.

My sleep hours were about 4am to 8am at the time and I never had time to look at personal email until later in the day.

So, I posted a response on the web at around 2pm with all the information about the emails and that the ticket was closed and that the capacicty was still not fixed.

I was finally just moved to another server and got updated at 10:25pm on 6/25 to fix the issue.

So, in reality, I got an automated response immediately to this issue. I got a real response a little over 6 hours after submitting.

I still don't know why on earth the ticket was waiting for a response from me for 72+ hours since nothing had changed since Vladimir said he'd let me know when it was fixed.

You're correct, I should have created more tickets. But, like people clicking on a link that I send them and it not working. I deal with people around the world and quite often, they send me a message after I've gone to bed and by the time I wake up, it's working again.

Keep that in mind for this. Why should I spend the time creating a ticket for my website being unavailable when I know you guys know it's not available and you're "working on it" and my ticket won't speed up the process one bit?

Goes back to my ftp thing. I read all over your support forums about people having the same ftp issues, can't get in for 10-15 minutes or having to wait during the login for a few minutes...

Where I used to work, if I heard a lot of "the little people" complaining about something, I'd do something about it. Fix it myself or let the proper group know about it and make them fix it quick. I know the support world of today requires a ticket to be submitted for support to do anything other than pick their nose. It's not just your support, it's most people's support, so take it with a grain of salt. It's just not the way I used to run my help centers.

I may not leave WHB, I don't know. I just know that I'm actively seeking another provider, but looking around here at personal testiments, everyone has really good reviews and everyone has really bad reviews. Heck, even the host I'm considering, host gator, someone had such a bad experience, they put up a website dedicated to voicing their bad experience with them (www .hostgator-sucks .com).

Matt - I do apologize if I come off as being rude or tough, but it's the way I was brought up in the industry and if something's not at least 100%, then something needs to be fixed or someone needs to be fired.

To the rest of the readers, Matt is cracking the whip for me and is working on the issue. At this time, Support made an adjustment changing my "authorized 20,000 files" to 30,000 which is only 49 more files more than I currently have on the server, but did nothing to adjust the allocated space yet and is still set to 10MB when I should have at least a few GB. He has been notified and is working on it.

Bryan

I don't have any personal experience with WHB and I'm glad to see them take a proactive stance here in WHT, that's always a good sign to see an active presence (at least IMHO).

Having said that I would be more then a bit concerned about the pricing/resources ratio, 1TB of bandwidth for $35/mo strikes me as fairly significant overselling. Now if WHB can pull that off while still providing quality service and support then awesome! But I'm a cautious fellow and I tread carefully with my accounts.

@swampy101
    You've been with them three years and have put up with all these issues for that long? Was it fine for awhile and it got worse or what? I have trouble understanding why anyone would stick around for THREE years with (what you claim to be) bad service even for a personal website.

Like I said, I was a busy guy. Service started out good, I had no issues. During all of this hustle at work, once a year, I'd also take off 3 days to shoot the military performers at the Miramar Air Show in San Diego. Donating my time and photographs to them. Matt can see in my stats, particularly 2005 and 2006 where in October, the bandwidth really jumped up. It was this air show that actually made me switch from my own server on 1.1 up and down dsl to WHB. That first year, things went really well with them, hardly any issues. in 2006 is where the service started to go down hill to where it is now.

Since I changed profession's, I've had a lot more time on my hands and finally have the time to get fed up and do something here.

All I can give you is my experiences above. The times that I couldn't get to my website, sometimes I'd look and ftp to it fine. Or if I couldn't ftp to it, I could get to the website. No matter what, when one or the other was down, I could ping the address as well.

That said, I gotta guess that some of the uptime stats are a little fluffed up. Sure the server was available. But the services on that server were not.

550-Quota exceeded: default.htm won't be saved
    550-29951 files used (149%) - authorized: 20000 files
    550 1612015 Kbytes used (15742%) - authorized: 10240 Kb
    At this time, Support made an adjustment changing my "authorized 20,000 files" to 30,000 which is only 49 more files more than I currently have on the server
    Opinions might vary, but if a host is limiting the number of files a customer can host (something that is getting rather common), I think the limit should be mentioned somewhere on the site (I didn't find it). With many relatively common applications having thousands of files, it can be a limit a customer can easily run into.

I'm glad to see them take a proactive stance here in WHT
    Yes, Matt's a good guy, I've no doubts about that.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast