Does this window setting even exist on computers?....

When I open a new window such as when opening a new window for when writing mail in outlook... I always like to fully maximize the window... because the window NEVER fully maximizes automatically by itself... I always have to click the middle square to maximize the window.

I find this to be VERY annoying. Even when I open a new window in outlook to write mail... I have to manually fully maximize the window by clicking the middle square in the right top corner. I know I can make it so that whenever I open a new window it is almost 99% maximized by adjusting the window... but in order to make the window 100% maximized you have to click that blasted middle square to fully mazimze the window.

Isn't there some general setting on my computer whereas I can specifcy that I WANT... ALL and ANY new window that opens to open fully maximized at all times?

I just want any new window that opens to be fully maximized automatically by itself... is that too much to ask for?!

Right click on icon
    Properties
    In the Run dropdown, choose maximised
    Kevin

Moved to Computers and Peripherals

Wait.... right click on what icon???

There are no icons... when I open a new window I simply want it to open fully maximized automatically by itself without me having to click on that middle square in the right top corner of the window to fully maximize it manually.

I'm not sure what icon you are referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    Wait.... right click on what icon???

There are no icons... when I open a new window I simply want it to open fully maximized automatically by itself without me having to click on that middle square in the right top corner of the window to fully maximize it manually.

I'm not sure what icon you are referring to?
    I believe Kevin is saying you have to click on every program icon you want maximized individually but unfortunately it doesn't work, at least not in old Windoze 98/ME. I tried it with Firefox and it accepted it but it still opens in a minimal window. I tried it with IE and couldn't even find the setting in properties.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

What I've always done is just drag it as big as I can whenever I open it......and then maximise it...It seems that it remembers the drag width/height but doesn't remember the maxmimise process...

Quote Originally Posted by kvnband
    What I've always done is just drag it as big as I can whenever I open it......and then maximise it...It seems that it remembers the drag width/height but doesn't remember the maxmimise process...
    But Frosty says:
    I know I can make it so that whenever I open a new window it is almost 99% maximized by adjusting the window... but in order to make the window 100% maximized you have to click that blasted middle square to fully mazimze the window.
    CatfishEd.com

I don't want to be out of topic, but for the record, you don't have to click that middle square to fully maximie a window. The damn square is so small on high resolution screens. Just double click the top border of the window to maximize it or to restore it.

My bad catfished.....didn't see that part of the post......I know you can do it because My IE, firefox, opera, thunderbird, and word all open maximised so there has to be some way to do it :-/

Yes, exactly... all my windows open minimal... I want it to be 100% maximized.

Whenever I open a folder on my desktop the winodw opens minimal. Whenever I have outlook open and want to write an email and open a new window there... it opens minimal. I find it to be highly annoying! Because I prefer and always like my windows to be fully maxmized.

There MUST be a setting somewhere on my computer whereas I can spceify that new windows should open maximized... not minimal.

I can find that setting that Kevin has mentioned though

I know it's not that big of a deal to maimize the window with one click... but when you are constantly opening new windows all day long... it's one more thing which I don't want to deal with... they have a setting for EVERYTHING else... you would think this setting would exist? It must?

P.S- My wordpad also opens fully maximized... but notepad does not.

That's a good way to test it... open notepad and you will see it opens minimal. It should open maximized!... is what I'm after...

http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/

I guess the setting doesn't exist since someone actually made a program to do it for you

Excellent... interesting... thanks for that link!

I shall download it right now and give it a shot and see if it works. It would be great to have all new windows open maximized. Funny that somebody actually invented a program for this... I'll update you guys and see if it works...

kvnband,

Thanks... that program is fantastic! I downloaded it and now all and any new window I open... opens maxmimized. That inlcudes notepad and outlook e.t.c.

I love that program. It even has that setting so that the icon for that program doesn't show up in your system tray so you don't even know you've installed it.

This makes me so happy... this is great. Thanks for your help

You guys should download it too... I mean if minimal windows bothered you as well.

WHT members solve another one.
    CatfishEd.com

Sweeeeet...Guess I need to download it too then

Yes, you should definitely download it too. It is fantastic... works perfectly.

All windows (regardless of what program) opens maximized. I really love it. Thanks