Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arab.com ?

Arab.com ?

Your Appraisal

Thank you.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

It would be a great name when developped to a directory+history site that covers EVERYTHING related to Arabs and Arabic language and history. But then it takes a full time working group of people building it up.

Why not try to find some (wealthy) person/organization to sponsor it?
    My woman left me..
    I've got no website..
    I've got no money..

i am sure king fahad would buy it !!

If you wanna sell to reseller probably $10k but enduser i'd say min $40k

Nice domain to develop

I would say easily 10K+

wow.. very nice

damn! i want that!

ill buy it off you for $10

lol

great domain how the hell did you manage to get it?!!?
    oh and yes i would see if you can get a largeish company to sponser it and have it about eberythin you'll ever need to know about Arab nations! and i mean everythign! it would be a great resource!

Bashar, I know you are very proud of this one, and rightly so!

Great name! I'm not going to put a dollar amount because there are too many variables for a name like this. I would sure like to see it get developed though. It's got the makings of something very special IMHO.

I bought a domain appraisal and they gave me 2 free. This is the second time I have used this company and they are fast and do a great job. I used one of my freebies to get an appraisal for this domain. Enjoy!

Your appraisal can be found here

I am all out of freebies, anyone who wants a domain appraisal visit this site. They charge $10.00 but in the extra notes if you tell them I sent you from WHT they will give you 2 free with purchase of 1.

By the way they leave those appraisal certs online for something like 5 days I think so you may want to print it if you will need it longer.

This domain has immense potential -- I would say it would be in the $XXX,XXX range.

Thanks
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Originally posted by jsonline2k3
    I bought a domain appraisal and they gave me 2 free. This is the second time I have used this company and they are fast and do a great job. I used one of my freebies to get an appraisal for this domain. Enjoy!

Your appraisal can be found here

I am all out of freebies, anyone who wants a domain appraisal visit this site. They charge $10.00 but in the extra notes if you tell them I sent you from WHT they will give you 2 free with purchase of 1.
    that is an excellent system.
    Beno๎t Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

Originally posted by Bashar
    Thanks
    Nice Buy.
    Beno๎t Brookens III

Originally posted by benoitb
    that is an excellent system.
    the price paid was $225,000 so I guess they are only out by about a factor of 6.

http://dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

So our friend Burshar paid $225,000 for Arab.com and Dubai.net . I think if he really wants to resell this I believe after development and traffic I can see it worth 7 or 8 figures hands down. Good Luck.
    Last edited by benoitb; 08-22-2004 at 09:05 AM.
    Beno๎t Brookens III

Bashar, have I told you lately how handsome you are?

haha, that's too funny.
    Beno๎t Brookens III

Gen-T

So our friend Burshar paid $225,000 for Arab.com and Dubai.net . I think if he really wants to resell this I believe after development and traffic I can see it worth 7 or 8 figures hands down. Good Luck.
    Yeah, $225k is some serious $$ for that domain, but it's doable, and could easily be flipped for more, undeveloped or developed. You just need to find that 1 person who has the $$$ and wants the domain bad enough.

Although I wouldn't think 8 figures for a developed Arab.com, but that depends on the revenue streams setup etc. If Arab.com was making 7 to 8 figures a year in actual revenue, then yep, you could be looking at that kind of $$$$ for the sale of that asset.

Arab.com, as a very high profile site, would be easily attacked by others, given the relations between the arab and western world. That would be something to think about too, and would cost serious $$$$ to fend off such (ddos etc) attacks.

But generally speaking, these types of portal based sites (whatever business model you attach to arab.com), rarely generate significant profits, and generally cost more to operate. But all that depends on the business model and the people running the operation, so it's doable.

Bashar, the only problem with calling for appraisals, is that there is documentation on how much you paid for it, so any new potential buyers are always going to refer to that, if wanting to flip this undeveloped domain etc.
    Last edited by Aussie Bob; 08-22-2004 at 09:27 PM.
    • WLVPN.com • NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider •
    • Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up •

I really think the documentation of what he actually paid for the domain, $225k sets a great precedent, as apposed to one of those $10 appraisals which said the domain was worth only 30 or so thousand. So regardless of what he does $225k is the given rock bottom price. ( i know I'm Stating the obvious)

Im saying this to say, even the slightest improvent, including a pagerank of something at 5 or higher could send the domain for an increase of 5 or so figures.

For the record I do agree with Aussie Bob, Great Analysis by the way, you should be very carefull about how you setup the site because attacks can be a very serious problem. Good luck with the formation of your business model, if applicable, and I expect great things from Arab.com! (-:

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Yeah, $225k is some serious $$ for that domain, but it's doable, and could easily be flipped for more, undeveloped or developed. You just need to find that 1 person who has the $$$ and wants the domain bad enough.

Although I wouldn't think 8 figures for a developed Arab.com, but that depends on the revenue streams setup etc. If Arab.com was making 7 to 8 figures a year in actual revenue, then yep, you could be looking at that kind of $$$$ for the sale of that asset.

Arab.com, as a very high profile site, would be easily attacked by others, given the relations between the arab and western world. That would be something to think about too, and would cost serious $$$$ to fend off such (ddos etc) attacks.

But generally speaking, these types of portal based sites (whatever business model you attach to arab.com), rarely generate significant profits, and generally cost more to operate. But all that depends on the business model and the people running the operation, so it's doable.

Bashar, the only problem with calling for appraisals, is that there is documentation on how much you paid for it, so any new potential buyers are always going to refer to that, if wanting to flip this undeveloped domain etc.
    Beno๎t Brookens III

thanks guys much appreciated

So regardless of what he does $225k is the given rock bottom price. ( i know I'm Stating the obvious)

not sure I agree with the logic, if that was the case nobody would ever overpay for a domain no matter what they paid.

Congratularions Bashar. Great domain!

. . . For the record I do agree with Aussie Bob, Great Analysis by the way, you should be very carefull about how you setup the site because attacks can be a very serious problem.
    Yep, you'd need some pretty serious hosting infrastructure to secure that site, given its very high profile etc.

Bashar, what do you plan on doing with Arab.com?
    • WLVPN.com • NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider •
    • Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up •

Wow, possibly the greatest name. Well worth the money.

Congratulations!

I would love to be involved with the development and maintenance of this site, if your looking for help ill send off my resume to you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast