Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

200GB/month BW NEED NOW!

Ok I have to pay extra money everytime I exceed the maximum bandwidth thing for my current host and I'm paying over $400 and I just don't have enough money for that to maintain my website.

Anyone offering 200gb/montH?

or over
    I prefer "over 200gb" because I do get over 200gb/month.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

Do you plan to colocate or have the ISP provides the server?
      0 Not allowed!

Why don't you get a dedicated Cobalt? that server comes with a lot of bandwidth.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

Colocate
    1U/1 Meg $500

Which includes 320 Gigs. If you want.
    Jay
      0 Not allowed!

jayglate,

Is it based on 95th percentile or Average usage?
      0 Not allowed!

AVERAGE
    Jay
      0 Not allowed!

hmm
    I don't excatly know what colocate is. May someone explain it to me?
      0 Not allowed!

There are basically three things that you can do:

1. Get a virtual/shared account where your account will be hosted with somebody else on the server (pretty sure nobody will offer you a shared account for 200GB+/mo of usage).

2. Rent a dedicated server where the whole server will be yours (no more sharing, all the resources are yours). Usually host will charge for the server rental fee and the bandwith usage ....

3. Get your own server (buy it, build it, etc) and co-locate the server into a good ISP/NOC. The host will usually charge for the space (every server takes up space) fee and bandwith usage ...

So, colocate a server and getting a dedicated server are almost identical ... For the former, you need to provide your own hardware and for the later, you will pay some montly fees (and setup fee) to cover for the server rental. Colocation might be cheaper for the long run but you need to pay a lot of money upfront ...

cheer,
      0 Not allowed!

Colocation is when you own the box and pay a company to put your box in their facility where you pay for the space/power/bandwidth you use for one low price.

This means you need to own the server first.

So a 1U server with 320GB Of bandwidth will cost you to colocated $500
    If you wanted a dedicated server where we own it and you rent it from us we can do

PIII 866
    256 Ram
    20GB HD
    320GB BW

$700 a month

But that INCLUDES the server.
    Jay
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Denny
    hmm
    I don't excatly know what colocate is. May someone explain it to me?
    Colocation is where you own your server and you put it in their network -- it's sometimes called "power, pipe and ping" because that's all you get.

I'm guessing you probably want to go with a dedicated server, ie renting a server from your network provider.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: 200GB/month BW NEED NOW!

Ok I have to pay extra money everytime I exceed the maximum bandwidth thing for my current host and I'm paying over $400 and I just don't have enough money for that to maintain my website.

Anyone offering 200gb/montH?

or over
    I prefer "over 200gb" because I do get over 200gb/month.
    If you're only paying $400 a month for 200GB of transfer currently, I don't think you're going to find a much better deal anywhere else. The most you'd save is a couple dollars a month.
      0 Not allowed!

What he said. $2.00 per GB is a very fair price. IF that includes a dedicated box you are crazy if you think you find much better.

Best Regards,
      0 Not allowed!

I think efreeservers.com would be good for you Denny
      0 Not allowed!

I might be wrong, but I don't think Efreeservers owns the NOC.

If they are a client, then their clients are clients of a client of that NOC company.
      0 Not allowed!

lol, I forgot to mention that!
      0 Not allowed!

thanks for the help

that gave me a lot of help but not enough

I forgot to mention that I can afford $150 a month for it. if your visit my website, http://www.starcraftgatewaY.com, you will notice that theres a hell lot of downloads.

My website is one of the most popular StarCraft websites on the internet due to the massive amount of downloads. People just visit my website and they find what they want instead of searching for it and stuff.

It would be a waste if I just deleted most of the files. I'm planning to provide several links for downloads.

If you can't find $200gb/month for $150 then I need to makke a few links to one download.

erm..
    you might not get that

ok let me start over.

I can afford $150 to handle 200gb/month
    If I can't find any service that does that, I need to make several links for one file so people can download off different servers.

For example

File 1 - Download from Fileplanet.com
    Download from antileech.net
    Download from starcraftgateway.com

but fileplanet and anti-leech is too much hassle fopr me to post files. I post about 20 new files per day and I'm looking for someone to host my files so I can provide different links.

So if you have a server you can donate
    Host my files
    Put a banner on your page and make some money
    I'll redirect it to your page with the url of the file on your server

and that way people can have a choice where they want to download
    and I can save a lot of money
    and you can make a lot of money.
      0 Not allowed!

Well then denny, you are SOL for the most part you won't find 200GB for 150a month unless it is a raq from rackshack. But even then they might kick you off.
    Jay
      0 Not allowed!

Denny,

I want an OC-12 at my house for $150 too. Doesn't mean its going to happen. Less than .75 cents per GB isn't realistic. I suggest you try a different tactic and look for someone to share that cost for you with maybe trading for advertising space, hosting somebody that want to pay you, building a server and hooking it to you home connection..... Who knows getting creative like that might help.

Best Regards,
      0 Not allowed!

As Jay just said you are going to have to raise your price a little because no one will give you that much bandwidth for that price. There's just no way they could make any money at the price you're wanting it for.
    VOIPO - VoIP Telephone Service
      0 Not allowed!

Ok guys I need your help
    I think Novanix.com is scamming me

Do you think with 3000 unique hits/day my website will use up 250 gb in a month?

www.starcraftgateway.com
      0 Not allowed!

can I ask you a few questions?
    forumgateway.com is your site too?
    Why it have the VB copyright changed for the novanix?

And I really think that novanix is scamming you.
    I know stadistic of download's sites, that it have 1400 Daily visit and they have 15 or 20 GB monthly of transference.
    you can get at most.. 50 GB but 200??
    Well at least is what I think.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

Well you just said that the downloads make up the most of your bandwidth, so why would you think they are scamming you?
    Not getting enough profit to keep up the site is a well known fact. I see you`ve got a really nice site and I`m sure a lot of starcraft fans would love to help you out a bit. I think you should set up a donation solution with paypal, so your users can contribute and help your site stay up. Some succeed in this and some don`t, but I think you`ll have a fair chance if you tell them that the downloads might have to go; you might even get a decent profit. And then go with one of the ded providers mentioned here, which is the cheapest:best you`ll find (we know ).
      0 Not allowed!

paypal... hmm
    the problem is I forgot my login stuff lol
    and most people are young people and they usually don't have bank account but I'll give it a try if the auction doesnt go sucessful.

Heres the auction info

I'm auctioning my website, starcraftgateway.com. Current bid is $84.50
    Website info
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
    3500 unique hits/day average
    I make about $51 from cj.com banner at the bottom everyday and way more from the top burstnet cpm banner.

Heres the tracker url
    http://212.142.37.162/open;sum?login=scgg

It's not correct because I was using another tracker for along time. I just switched to this one for public purpose.

About a game called StarCRaft by blizzard Entertainment.
    http://www.blizzard.com/starcraft

Since 1998

One of the most popular StarCraft websites on the internet. Famous for our massive amount of information and media. People just visit here and they find what they are looking for.

Excellent reputation

Popular banner exchange (Theres a good chance I will not give that away. I have to think about it first.)

FREE FEATURED FLASH GAMES
    Oh boy you should see how much they cost! You get them free for life. http://www.gametuner.com
    http://starcraftgateway.com/featuredflashgames.shtml

A very active starcraft 2 rumor page. I get like 5 new ones everyday submitted to my email.
    http://starcraftgateway.com/starcraft_2.shtml

Active message board!
    http://www.forumgateway.com

And many more. If the bid is too low I no sell it.
    email sc-bid@novanix.com to bid
      0 Not allowed!

I make about $51 from cj.com banner at the bottom everyday and way more from the top burstnet cpm banner.
    So you're making over $100 a day? That's over $3000 a month. I'm not sure I understand what the problem with paying $400 a month for bandwidth is.
      0 Not allowed!

And if you're making $3000/mth, as Planet Z pointed out, why are you accepting such low prices? Somebody could live comfortably on that income. I'd be happy to pay $84.51 for something that paid itself back in 18 hours.
    Used Computer Books For Sale - Click "website" below
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast