Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unmanaged VPS 128MB + Free MEM UPGRADE / 16GB HDD / 500GB

SERVERCODE: SPECIAL OFFER

SERVER SPECIFICATIONS

AMD 64 Athlon 3400+ Equal Share
    RAM 128MB (free upgrade 256MB at signup)
    HDD 16GB
    1 Snapshot Backup
    100Mbps NIC

NETWORK SPECIFICATIONS

100Mbps FastEthernet
    1 IP Address (XIP $1.50/each per month) (request link)
    Bandwidth Unmetered Shared (500GB+) / month
    99.9% Uptime
    Free Website Monitoring (www.internetsupervision.com)

PLATFORM OS SPECIFICATIONS

Suse 10.0 (default) or (CentOS, FC4/ FC5 / Debian/ Suse10.1)
    Secure Shell (Full Root Access)
    Apache 2.0 + PHP4
    Webmin Control Panel

SERVICE SPECIFICATIONS / ORDER

Unmanaged / Self-Managed Server
    Free Setup
    Simple Pricing Structure
    Subscription Month-to-Month (paypal + major CC)
    $15.00 USD Per Month

RESTRICTIONS:

No IRC, P2P or Spammers!

questions:

1. do you install webmin and OS for free?

2. do you install mysql and php for free as well?

thanks
    Tubenode.com - FFMPEG, PHP & RoR Hosting
    RCholic.com - R/C videos sharing

Software Installation

If you purchase a SuSE Linux system Apache, PHP4 and Webmin are installed and configured. The only thing you have to do is install mysql. The SuSe system features YaST which is a menu driven system that can be used to configure your system this including software installation and removal. The system is also setup with network install sources so you can add and remove any applications you want.

You can also use the command line to install packages for example yast -i <package name>

Hope this helps.

If you select another distribution we can send you a 3 step process for installing and configuring webmin. Or we can do it for you.

Excuse me for poor knowledge about VPS Hosting?

When you say equal share, is it not necessary how to know many VPS account are there on machine.

For me I need to host JSP sites for which I do not find any suitable thru Shared hosting.

So will have to install Tomcat, and therefore CPU resources available will be important to note.

Also if we want to upgrade RAM by another 128Mb(384MB) will it be possible with some prepay option.

Lastly can we install ensim licence on VPS machine as smooth as dedicated server.

anicrm,

1. We don't oversell. There is a limit which we call a magic number of VMs we will place on a box. This is a balance between performance and node stability.

2. We perform something we call node-splitting. That is, we try not to put too many CPU intensive sites on the same boxes. Currently about 20% of our host nodes are hosting CPU intensive sites. 80% of the host nodes are not.
    in rare cases where we have many CPU intensive sites competing for resources we will split them off to servers where the CPU load is lighter.

3. You could buy to of the special offers (http://www.leeware.com/vps400.html)
    and I'll upgrade them both to 384MB each. If you take this option I can setup them up on separate physical servers.

4. If you have the license your dedicated server will appear to you just like a dedicated. However, you should verify that the default environment does not contain anything that will cause conflicts.

For example. I have customers that want to do cpanel and da installs and often times I have remove any pre-configurations.

Hope that helps.

You could buy to of the special offers (http://www.leeware.com/vps400.html)
    and I'll upgrade them both to 384MB each. If you take this option I can setup them up on separate physical servers
    I believe you mean TWO here. If so then let me clarify i do not need TWO account at this moment as I have specific requirement of hosting 4 JSP sites. They themselves are not memory intensive sites , but as they need tomcat ,I posted those question.

If you have the license your dedicated server will appear to you just like a dedicated.
    What you mean by that? (Is there some typo or my poor understanding)

anicrm,

two is what I ment (3 am here.). If you don't need two accounts you can use any of the following links to signup for the normal packages.

http://www.leeware.com/vps100.html
    http://www.leeware.com/vps200.html
    http://www.leeware.com/vps300.html

They are $25 link.

Current Offer not possible with three month prepay, intead?

PM me and I can send you the link to pre-pay for three months on the current offer.

Cool.
    sent

I sent a reply. You can PM me to let me know if that's what you want.

Is it possible to post a link to a large test file so we could do a speed test?

Thanks.
    Matt

The following thread contains link to speedtest files.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=519781

Payment sent via paypal, looking for V server as agreed

First of all thanks for considering us. (FAQ)

1. Actually the bandwidth is unmetered which means that you could use 500GB or 600GB per month. (There are no hidden charges or fees for extra bandwidth)

2. When you signup for the UVM Special Offer this is a lock-in price which means that you can continue paying that price as long as you maintain an active subscription with us.

3. IP addresses are dedicated (static) If you have a cpanel license and know how to install it this is the route most customers take. We do not offer cpanel.

4. Supported Applications Customers can install any applications they like providing it is supported by the Linux distribution Exceptions include the following (IRC clients or Servers, P2P applications, Applications that support or allow spamming.) While there are no technical barriers to installing the aforementioned applications their use will result in a unwarned server disconnection so it's better to not install them.

5. Any applications not specifically mentioned in the ad must be installed and configured by the client.

6. We do not oversell. We have enough capacity to support every plan we offer. We put a lot of effort into managing our services in a way to avoid problems. Therefore, the resources assigned to your plan can be fully utilized by you.
    Equal share CPU (assuming everyone uses it) any customer can expect 430Mhz+ on any non-cpu bound host server. Currently about 20% of our servers are operating @ or above 85% CPU utilization (perfect utilization) No new accounts are added to those servers. 80% of the servers are < 30% utilization and 40% of them are full. So no customers are added to those.

7. This is an Unmanaged service, My user-base primarily consists of people who have experience managing dedicated servers. Therefore, as long as they can logon to their machines they can take care of all of the details related to the management and operation of their servers. The remaining users about 20% are first time VPS users and they need a little help getting started. Like I've said many times before, unmanaged doesn't mean no support. Therefore, if you have a question about how to do something ask. I will either answer it directly or point you to the appropriate information.

8. Package Pricing what's the catch! One of the corner-stones of my approach to offering services is to show respect for the prospective customer through being honest with them about the capabilities and limitations of the services we provide. In my opinion, I think it is better to have a few hundered satisfied customers rather than a thousand angry ones. It makes life easier for everyone. It is true that you get what you pay for. The question is do you know what your paying for? Is it promises or something real? The catch is this, VPS hosting is a commodity business, a step above shared hosting but below dedicated servers.
    There are many providers competing for your business. Many of them on price others on bells and whistles and the rest on a combination of both. This is a no-frills service which equals low overhead and I pass those savings on to you.

P.S.

The version of CentOS we offer is 4.3

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by leeware; 06-28-2006 at 05:35 AM.

I've sent payment for a VPS400 server. Awaiting for your reaction.

I don't see a payment from you what is the paypal subscription # please send that information to admin @ leeware .com

Sorry. Something must have going wrong. You should have received my payment by now.

Thanks for the quick reaction though

I got your payment give me 15-30 minutes to setup your server you will receive a welcome letter via email.

9. By default all VMs are setup to use SUSE10.0 (newbie friendly distribution.) We also make an extra effort to configure some basic things so that if you just want to host a website you can just upload your pages to the appropriate directory and your off and running. If you select another distribution (CentOS, Debian, FC4.) I assume that you are choosing those distributions because you a) know how to use it. b) are planning to install an application or service that specifically requires it (and you know how to do this.)

10. If you select (CentOS, Debian, FC4/5) The base system + development tools.
    no httpd, webmin can be added or we can send you a 4 step guide to adding and configuring it on those systems.

Lee,

I got my VPS up and running and I am very satisfied with your speed of delivery. However, I really don't like Suse. Would it be possible to switch to the latest Centos distribution? (ip: 66.90.121.205)

In addition:
    -Could you tell me where the servers are hosted? Is this a secure data center? Will there be backups?
    Futhermore, I am wondering if I am responsible for updating the kernel or is this the kernel of the virtualization host.

Thanks!

Rene

Hi, I will answer your questions in detail via email. This forum is not the appropriate place to make support requests.
    CBOT, Yes, You can update the kernel on your virtual machine.
    Last edited by leeware; 06-29-2006 at 07:58 AM.

10. We have a massive amount of equipment colocated at the CBOT before moving their we ran our equipment out of two privately-owned and operated DCs.

11. CBOT is a secure facility foot traffic in the DC is limited to server owners. All vistors are escored by DC staff.

12. Backups: When your VM is initially created we make a snapshot backup of it this is before you begin working on it. That way you if you trash your VM we can restore it to the default configuration. We do make periodic backups of the entire VM environment (However, we do this for our own protection so that we have a restore point in the event a host node dies suddently. IMPORTANT: Customers should not rely on this process for the protection of their data.) Due the vast number of servers and the number of VMs in operations it take 5-10 days to complete this process. A restore of a single server would take upto 8 hours. So it's easier to just issue new VMs on another machine and in cases where customers have complicated setups to pull their VMs from the backup archives which are stored off-site.

In a nutshell if you really need something and I have it in the archives. I can restore it for you. Otherwise you should always keep an upt o date copy of data that you consider critical.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by leeware; 06-29-2006 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nederhrj
    Lee,

I got my VPS up and running and I am very satisfied with your speed of delivery.

Rene
    I second Rene. This guy is fast & positive.

However, I really don't like Suse. Would it be possible to switch to the latest Centos distribution? (ip: 66.90.121.205)
    Most of us like CentOS. Their personal favorite is SUSE. So you get that by default.
    However if you want CentOS or any other, your OS installation will come bare minimums and you are supposed to spend time putting other basic thing up.

I'm posting the answers to common questions I receive.

13. The memory installed on your system is physical ram (no tricks)

14. The special offer is good for the life of the account.

15. The free memory upgrade is for the life of the account.

16. The default installation of SuSE comes preconfigured with everything you need to begin hosting (html and php driven sites or forums.) Just upload your stuff to the right directory and your site is online. If you select another OS you will have to install and configure those applications yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast