View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 05:11 AM

Ok, let me start off by apologizing for the mix up. I'm confusing myself with all of this stuff since I'm very unfamiliar with web hosting.

When I said that I had the name, I didn't mean that I registered or purchased the domain name yet. I was implying that I had it thought out in my head and ran a search to check it's availability.

Now, I started this thread to find out where I should purchase the domain name from. I don't wanna go to godaddy for obvious reasons, but I do not know of any other options.

To my understanding, I thought that the company that you purchase the domain name from will also host that web site for you. Sadly, I am mistaken. Am I? I have no idea. Haha.

So... to sum it up... I need to know where I should purchase the domain name for my photography site, as well as what company I should use to host it. I would like to put high resolution images up on the site and just basic information about my photography services.

I've read namecheap is a good alternative to godaddy, but I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Thanks so much in advance.