Originally Posted by lemon09
I have been a customer of RouterHosting for 15 months now. I just want to share my experience with the community so people can make an informed decision.
I will just list the issues/tickets I had with them during this period:
- 11/08/2009 13:26 network connectivity issues on their side
- 24/10/2009 02:37 my server IP was mistakenly assigned to other server in their network
- 19/12/2009 15:27 their core router died
- 11/01/2010 15:18 "weird" route issues
- 31/01/2010 11:48 HDD failure
- 03/02/2010 00:00 PSU died
- 18/03/2010 08:51 12 hours downtime without reasonable explanation
- 20/03/2010 13:24 2nd PSU replacement
- 06/05/2010 07:49 unplanned reboot
- 02/06/2010 06:54 network issue in their DC
- 08/07/2010 13:24 server unreachable for 8 hours
- 26/09/2010 00:56 server downtime with no explanation
- 17/10/2010 23:52 server is down
Latest issue is still not resolved. The server just went down according to my Nagios. It's been down for more than 12 hours now. I contacted support but they only put my ticket on hold without even telling me what they are doing to resolve the issue.
So before you go with such a low-end cheap reseller like RouterHosting THINK TWICE!
Routerhosting isn't a reseller, they own all of their equipment and colocate it in 2 datacenters, 1 in Portland and 1 in Denver.
I think you should consider their offer for a move to Denver as I know that's a much stronger location for them. The datacenter they're with in Portland doesn't know their ass from a plug on their switch a lot of the time so more complex issues can take forever to resolve to simply pushing for reinstalls.