Thread: Dathorn review

Thumbs up Dathorn review

I am a long time web developer with accounts at several companies and data centers- unix and Windows based web servers..
    I've been a customer of Dathorn.com for over 4 years and am very pleased. My target use of the account is for small-mid sized websites that don't need .net or Windows hosting.
    3057-6691 01/19/2004 $13.50
    To:
    3057-1581564 04/01/2008 $13.50

I've upgraded to their highest $29-+ package back down to their lowest several times- regardless... I just want to give a vote of confidence to anyone considering Dathorn for shared hosting.

I host dozens of websites on my account and have often had issues of my own fault, such as WHM dns issues, over the limit on bandwidth or space- whatever- and each time Dathorn's support team and especially the owner Andrew has usually been within a solution within hours. (Sometimes seconds)

The cpanel server I was originally on has been upgraded (and entirely replaced) several times since 2004, and have never had a single frame of downtime that was noticeable to myself or any client. Most recent server upgrade replacement was just last week and it went perfect. (Which is what inspired me to post this review) Information on software updates is frequent in their forums and notifications via email.

Basically I have nothing but satisfaction and praise for the quality and value of Dathorn's shared hosting and especially the support of Andrew and his team. I can only hope that they remain small enough (in size and features) to maintain this record.

Well, I think four years of hosting with Dathorn qualifies your review

Thumbs up to Dathorn in this case, retaining clients for four years is certainly a testament. Thanks for sharing, it's people like you that really help when you step up and share your experiences.

Good job to darthorn

Glad to see a review that's longer than a month on these boards

I hope you'll enjoy another 4 to come!

I'll second crash's recommendation. I think I've been with Dathorn a bit longer ... since around February of 2003 IIRC. The servers have always been rock-solid. I typically get responses on trouble tickets within a minute and resolutions within 10 minutes (in fact, I can't think of one that took longer to resolve). I guess it helps that usually its not a problem with the server

Nice thread. Glad to hear things about Dathorn, and positive ones at that!

Yes, I'd have to say that Dathorn is my best "initial experience" to date. I'm just one of those guys that has been with a host a few months, I don't have a review per se. But just to say that the configuration and performance are better than anything I've experienced with shared, it is easily adequate for all of my clients' sites and various needs. I just let go an account with a well-reviewed vps seller in favor of Dathorn, there is no point in keeping them, they are nice guys but a train wreck in comparison. So for once the glowing reviews for an hosting outfit are fully deserved, and judging from the tight ship run by this Andrew and tight technical configuration of product, I don't know when I'd feel a need to move again.

five years

I've been with dathorn more than five years. One of the things I like, and one which the culprits have complained about, is that if someone is doing bad things on a server which slows it down or compromises it, he will shut that client off. It results in a stable system for everyone else.

I have never heard of them, i will have to have a look.

I saw a lot of positive reviews about Dathorn on the Web before. But I could not see their company information on their Web Site. This is one of the most important things if you want to work with a reliable hosting provider. Because you maybe host hundred and hundred web sites like us and they must be a real company. If they are a real company when they must write their company information(company address etc.) on the Web Site(it's necessary).
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

I've been with Dathorn for a few years as well & totally agree with the reviews above. Top notch all round. For shared hosting you can't beat it.