Web Hosting Talk

Web Hosting Talk (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/index.php)
-   Domain Names (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   dnsmadeeasy vs. easydns (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=881488)

HD Fanatic 08-08-2009 11:05 AM

dnsmadeeasy vs. easydns

Which one do you prefer? What are the pros and cons of each? easydns doesn't specify number of domains and queries. :confused:

BuffaloBill 08-08-2009 02:17 PM

Both are great services. I have used DNS Made Easy longer since they have had an IP anycast environment longer, but EasyDNS we have tested, used, and they are really nice (now using IP anycast environment as well). EasyDNS used to have no overages, but I have heard they do charge for higher traffic domains (need to ask them what that pricing is though).

Using either one, you can not make a wrong choice. So I would just test out each interface and see which one you like better.

gamblinginvest 08-10-2009 05:15 AM

I have recently started using DNSMadeEasy and their services are excellent.

whosyourdaddy 11-03-2009 04:41 PM

I've tried to use DNSMadeEasy but they do not accept clients from my country(Romania). The DNSMadeEasy guy who told me this was very rude in expression. Anyway, that day I was very shocked and frustated :( :)
But all evil to good. Today I use EasyDNS and I'm very satisfied with their services. I've tested the speed and stability of response time of different DNS providers and Easydns, at least in Europe, it's on the top of the list.

BuffaloBill 11-03-2009 11:28 PM

Good to know about EasyDNS. Nice to know that someone services Romania. It's nice to see EasyDNS do that and we will make sure we give them the extra kudos for having a good payment processing policy.

Don't many hosting companies often block Romania though? I think it has something to do with the very high fraud rate from IPs in that country, correct? I think GoDaddy and Network Solutions will even block Romania correct?

ramdak5000 11-03-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whosyourdaddy (Post 6477738)
The DNSMadeEasy guy who told me this was very rude in expression.

I left them for the same reason. They will never have my company's business again, even if they're the best service in the world. The irony is that we would have signed up for a Corporate account had they treated us with respect.

XFactorServers 11-04-2009 02:46 AM

EasyDNS seems like a good choice.

daniz 11-04-2009 04:27 AM

I think both of them are good, actually I use easydns

whosyourdaddy 11-04-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuffaloBill (Post 6478250)

Don't many hosting companies often block Romania though? I think it has something to do with the very high fraud rate from IPs in that country, correct? I think GoDaddy and Network Solutions will even block Romania correct?

I never had this problem with other companies like godaddy, moniker, amazon, namecheap, paypal etc. With some companies, before the first payment, I had to send them scanned copies of my CC & Identity Card. Until now I haven't used Network Solutions.

BuffaloBill 11-04-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whosyourdaddy (Post 6478652)
I never had this problem with other companies like godaddy, moniker, amazon, namecheap, paypal etc. With some companies, before the first payment, I had to send them scanned copies of my CC & Identity Card. Until now I haven't used Network Solutions.

Interesting to know. It seems like DNS Made Easy might be a little too strict on where they are blocking users.

jonirvine 11-05-2009 05:14 PM

I've been using dnsmadeeasy for around a month. Very good!

BuffaloBill 11-05-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonirvine (Post 6481223)
I've been using dnsmadeeasy for around a month. Very good!

Yes, if you are allowed to purchase the DNS Made Easy services they are really rock-solid. The problem that posters in this thread have found is that they are not allowing users from all countries and have some that they block. I'm sure they have reasons, but they should follow standard hosting practice for which countries they block.

keserhosting 11-10-2009 10:36 AM

Easydns is great as better interface, when you have several hundred domains, some sort of grouping and sorting would be great!

RSnowman 11-10-2009 11:37 AM

I have had good experiences with DNS Made Easy but you can't go wrong with either companies.

HD Fanatic 11-10-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramdak5000 (Post 6478251)
I left them for the same reason. They will never have my company's business again, even if they're the best service in the world. The irony is that we would have signed up for a Corporate account had they treated us with respect.

One of the staff was very rude on a ticket.