Web Hosting Talk

Web Hosting Talk (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/index.php)
-   Web Hosting (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Does Yahoo! Web Hosting support the zend optimizer? Is it any good at all, Yahoo? (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=688954)

jmonegro 04-26-2008 10:44 AM

Does Yahoo! Web Hosting support the zend optimizer? Is it any good at all, Yahoo?

Hi, I'm looking for a host to a memberhsip site. That's why I need decent bandwidth, but I am on a budget.

My software needs the Zend Optimizer to work... Any suggestion?

Thanks

JLHC 04-26-2008 10:58 AM

What is your budget?
And what is your requirements, eg. space, bandwidth, etc?
I don't think yahoo supports zend. ;)

jmonegro 04-26-2008 11:05 AM

Well, I don't need tons of space - about 500mb will do, maybe 1tb in the long run, but I don't think I'll ever need so much.

As for bandwidth, I can't really tell: it depends on the success of my membership site. There will be around 150-300MB of files available to download...

Thales 04-26-2008 11:36 AM

I have heard mixed reviews about Yahoo! web-hosting. However, I'm sure you can find a host that meets all of your needs in the Shared Hosting Offer forum. From my personal experience in a shared environment you might try InnoHosting. However, I would suggest diligence and research before choosing a host.

-fin
Thales

JLHC 04-26-2008 11:54 AM

Do you mean 1TB of space, or is it 1GB?
Since you can't really tell the bandwidth that you need, I would advice you to start with a small plan, and upgrade to a higher plan only when needed. ;)
What is your budget?

eLief 04-26-2008 11:55 AM

With your needs, I would veer away from Yahoo and their unlimited offering. It's basically hit or miss like Thales mentioned. You can find what your looking for in the $5-$15/mo range pretty easily.

Do you have any requirements other then ZendOptimizer and the amount of resources you mentioned?

jmonegro 04-26-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHC (Post 5080998)
Do you mean 1TB of space, or is it 1GB?
Since you can't really tell the bandwidth that you need, I would advice you to start with a small plan, and upgrade to a higher plan only when needed. ;)
What is your budget?

1GB, I meant. sorry :)

As for the higher plan, that is certainly an option, however, it must on the same host, so I don't have to transfer to another one... that's why I need a good one...

JLHC 04-26-2008 12:31 PM

Most host allow you to upgrade to a higher plan.
And 1GB is a good start. Try to stay away from those unlimited space plan as that will only bring troubles in the future.
One question that you will need to ask yourself, do you prefer quality over quantity or the other way round? ;)

awhite1 04-26-2008 07:34 PM

The good thing about Yahoo is that their customer service is 24/7. So even if it's crappy, you can always get ahold of someone to complain. :D Just kidding.

gate2vn 04-26-2008 08:27 PM

We got some customers from Yahoo business hosting services, and they are happy, even most of them are using static html sites only, not database-driven. The most complain is their control panel not easy to use. I don't have chance to try, but that's what I have heard from customers

Zend optimizer is very easy to install. I believe they support it too.