Web Hosting Talk

Web Hosting Talk (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/index.php)
-   HostingCon (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Jake's Awards (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=413249)

6PS-Jake 06-08-2005 04:35 PM

Jake's Awards

I was thinking about some of the awards I would give for HostingCon.

Best Keynote: EV1

Best Session I attended: Data Center Networking (GNAX) with a close second to eQuest information on Hosted Exchange and Collaboration.

Most Expensive Booth: EV1

Most Shocking: Absense of the Planet and Godaddy from an exibit.

Coolest Exibit: FastServers

Best Party: GNAX (by far) :emlaugh:

Best Food: Gibsons Steak near the Hotel

Coolest Giveaway: RackMountMicro Server

Strangest Thing: Seeing people I have posted with in real life contrasted with the mental picture I assigned to them.

Weird Honorable Mention: The Chicago Airport had automatic toilet seat santitary things you just wave your hand by a sensor and it applies a new sanitary plastic. God I love technology.

I encourage you all to post your awards.

/ducks

Roy@ENHOST 06-08-2005 04:40 PM

Re: Jake's Awards

Was that the O'Hare airport?
I didn't remember any sanitary gadgets despite spending a lot of time in the airport restroom, OK dont ask why........ :D

Quote:

Originally posted by 6PS

Weird Honorable Mention: The Chicago Airport had automatic toilet seat santitary things you just wave your hand by a sensor and it applies a new sanitary plastic. God I love technology.

I encourage you all to post your awards.

/ducks

6PS-Jake 06-08-2005 04:41 PM

I was like... WOW..

George, will you all get those at HostingCon 2006?

lionfire 06-08-2005 04:43 PM

lol, thats pretty cool :) It was a pleasure meeting you all! Our flight is delayed :(

6PS-Jake 06-08-2005 04:46 PM

Clark, sense you are delayed, hit the bathroom at the airport and get a picture of those toilet seats.

lionfire 06-08-2005 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 6PS
Clark, sense you are delayed, hit the bathroom at the airport and get a picture of those toilet seats.

LOL

Ian_FS773 06-08-2005 08:40 PM

Thanks for the award

Gracias for the Jake's award on the "coolest booth." What a great event all the way around. Thanks for stopping by!

Ian Andrusyk
President & CEO
FastServers, Inc.

markcw 06-08-2005 09:23 PM

Here's my awards

Best Products:
-Webhosting Prospector - http://www.webhostingprospector.com/ Looks like a great marketing tool that everyone attending should be buying.

-Drag and Drop Site Creator - http://www.dragdropsitecreator.com - The demo looked like it packed alot of features and had the most interfaces to other tools

Best Business Card:
-Web Feat Inc for the logo
-Ping Zine for the best card front
-Techpad Agency for the most unique folding card

Best Keynote: EV1

Best Session I attended:
-#222 Growing your business by Tier 1 Research (It was not a full house but a GREAT critique of several web host home pages - Could have gone on for hours on this stuff)

-Close second to Webhostingtalk

Most Expensive Booth: EV1 because of floor space only,

Most Shocking: Absense of any Linux OS vendor when Microsoft was there!

Coolest Exhibit: FastServers

Best Party: Never attended

Best Food:
- Gibsons Steak near the Hotel! Ate there Monday night.

Coolest Giveaway: RackMountMicro Server

Strangest Thing: No soda at lunch or the afternoon keynotes.

Weird Honorable Mention: Anyone surfing the web outside the exhibition hall for hours on end.

HRJohn 06-08-2005 11:06 PM

Aww man... my conference on IT Security (#114) didn't make either list... I gave away iPods and everything!

6PS-Jake 06-08-2005 11:42 PM

I really wanted to make your session, but something else I wanted to see was going on. I would love to get a copy of your presentation and maybe we could chat some.

HRJohn 06-08-2005 11:50 PM

My powerpoint presentation was VERY undetailed. I pretty much put up a rough outline and kept the thing open to discussion and questions which actually turned out great. Lots of people were participating and the session rooms were small enough that it wasn't overwhelming trying to cater to everyone.

I'm sure I'll be back next year... you can catch it then. :)

6PS-Jake 06-08-2005 11:53 PM

I am sure if I were talking my presentation would have been the same. A large outline of discussion points. I have made a "here's and idea off the top of my head" post concerning taping of sessions and streaming them.

Timothy 06-08-2005 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HRJohn
Aww man... my conference on IT Security (#114) didn't make either list... I gave away iPods and everything!

iPods AND tequila if I remember correctly.....

HRJohn 06-08-2005 11:59 PM

Yeah I wanted to spread the HR style with the Tequila giveaway. :) 6PS if you have any security specific questions or anything running through your mind feel free to IM me.

6PS-Jake 06-09-2005 12:01 AM

Thanks John.