Web Hosting Talk

Web Hosting Talk (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/index.php)
-   Reseller Hosting (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reselling: Managing cPanel/WHM, WHMCS, Orderbox, and WHMPHP (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1126695)

HostInquirer 02-14-2012 09:04 PM

Reselling: Managing cPanel/WHM, WHMCS, Orderbox, and WHMPHP

:confused::eek::confused:
Hi All:

So last November I got started on this...got very frustrated...got over that, but had to put the project on hold until pretty much now so...

I'm trying to get this going, but I'm having mucho problemos understanding how all of the different control panels/management areas/software platforms interact and relate to each other. (Can't find an infographic or even a good written explanation or book.)

I get confused about what to do and where to do it.

Also, b/c I'm new to this when I get responses to a question that start out, "go into your control panel..." I IMMEDIATELY think :eek:"love to, which one?"

So far nothing is completely setup, and I have dabbled with each of these:
  • cPanel/WHM (how do these two work together?)
  • WHMCS
  • WHMCSPHP
  • LogicBox's OrderBox (SuperSite and PartnerSite)

Can anyone explain (or just direct me to a good explanation) how all of these work together? How do I get them integrated? Is there a logical order in setting them up that I should go in?

Please! I'd be grateful for any help you could give me--even partial explanations.

Tripler 02-15-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HostInquirer (Post 7956550)
Hi All:

So last November I got started on this...got very frustrated...got over that, but had to put the project on hold until pretty much now so...

I'm trying to get this going, but I'm having mucho problemos understanding how all of the different control panels/management areas/software platforms interact and relate to each other. (Can't find an infographic or even a good written explanation or book.)

Also, b/c I'm new to this when I get responses to a question that start out, "go into your control panel..." I IMMEDIATELY think :eek:"love to, which one?"

• WHMCS
  • WHMCSPHP

Can anyone explain (or just direct me to a good explanation) how all of these work together? How do I get them integrated? Is there a logical order in setting them up that I should go in?

Please! I'd be grateful for any help you could give me--even partial explanations.

Why are you doing this if you dont even know what these terms are.

In a very very quick nutshell:

WHM/Cpanel

WHM is the back end administrative side to cPanel, cPanel being the front end interface for managing your websites and etc.

WHMCS is a management system that goes on top of WHM/CPANEL and integrate it into your website, it handles orders, suport etc. It also sets up accounts and things with WHM if you dont do it manually.

WHMCSPHP .. this is not an product, though whmcs is coded in php.

LogicBox: you dont need it..

SolaDrive 02-16-2012 12:02 AM

I think he means WHMPHP so he can resell reseller accounts. Anyways, my suggestion would be to find a provider that is managed and can set this stuff up for you and help you in the future as it sounds like you will run into a lot of problems. Or, partner up with someone who doesnt want to pay but has the knowledge to help you out. Or if you have the money, just hire someone to help you get started and walk you through the first month or two running your new company. Best of luck to you.

Askforhost 02-16-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HostInquirer (Post 7956550)
Hi All:

• WHMCS
  • WHMCSPHP

Don't mess with the things, you don't have any info about.....
If you want to start things, simply be a partner of a person as said by: Jdb4