Web Hosting Talk

Web Hosting Talk (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/index.php)
-   Reseller Hosting (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Can you suggest the best reseller hosting? (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1116308)

luckyman014 01-12-2012 02:22 PM

Can you suggest the best reseller hosting?

I am currently need a reseller hosting. But when I search in google, there are too much from choosing one. What reseller hosting you are using and which would you suggesting me to use?

nibb 01-12-2012 02:30 PM

There is not such things as the best. Just the one that fits your needs. do you look for price or quality?

luckyman014 01-12-2012 03:01 PM

I look for quality, stable is the most important for me.
thanks!

AuniqueHost-Jr 01-12-2012 03:07 PM

I recommend ezpzhosting. They have great support and
uptime when I was last with them.

Askforhost 01-12-2012 03:08 PM

What is your Exact Budget and Requirements?
The Best Suggestions is to do a Search in WHT Resellers Offers Section!

BrettB 01-12-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckyman014 (Post 7899025)

What type of content are you looking to host? How many resources, i.e. disk space and bandwidth, do you need? What's your budget?

There are a lot of factors in choosing a webhost, and it's going to be difficult for anyone to recommend the right host for you without a bit more information.

Do you have any hosts in mind? A good way to build up a shortlist of hosts that you can decide between is to look through past threads in this Reseller Hosting section and review some of the reviews that are posted.

Cirtex 01-12-2012 03:53 PM

What type of reseller packages are you looking for? What are your specific requirements? That would be interesting to learn.

Cheers

nibb 01-12-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

thanks!

So you are willing to pay an extra premium for this quality and stability right?

dhcart 01-12-2012 10:07 PM

I recommend Hostdime or Surpasshosting. Their support is fast and the servers work stable.

ImageLogic 01-13-2012 07:44 PM

Read the TOS & SLA for quality & stability roadmap

Quote:

thanks!

Oddly enough the Terms Of Service (TOS) or Service Level Agreement (SLA) is a dead give-away about what the supplier thinks about their own service.

Remember contracts are for when things go wrong. The TOS gives you a road map to the things the vendor thinks may go wrong with their service.

Be cautious if the vendor will let you pay for a year in advance but will not refund any unused time should their service degrade to levels not acceptable to *you.* What does this clause say about the vendor's long term confidence that they will be able to deliver even on month-to-month accounts once you get your business rolling?

As a procurement engineer I can tell you horror stories about a service provider who deliberately took out an alternate SMTP port 120 days after receiving payment in advance for the next two years -- or a vendor who blew off trouble tickets and even requests to purchase additional services for months until we engaged another service provider for our increased volume. Both are still hiding behind a novel reading of their refunds clause and are trying to walk away with substantial prepayment balances.

Look for a penalty or administrative fee if you contest a charge to your credit card. I've seen outfits selling $25 per month reseller accounts with a TOS that says the customer agrees to pay an "administrative fee" of $200 for each and every charge contested! What does this sort of clause say about the vendor's billing practices? What does it say about the cash reserve the vendor has to keep operating smoothly?

See how the prospective vendor handles down time. Some simply ignore the possibility which may be a bad sign. Others offer to extend the contract by the amount the service was down -- if your market won't be irritated by down time this could work. Others actually offer generous service extensions that probably reflects a confidence in their ability to provide reliable service.

See how "acceptable service" is defined. All vendors have a clause that lets them change the terms and conditions of their TOS. Does the prospective vendor offer you time to go elsewhere should a prospective TOS change be onerous to you?

Be cautious around escape clauses. Things like "we can terminate service without refund if you say anything critical of us." Another one is to terminate service if their support people feel abused or somehow injured by a highly subjective event. Watch out for terms like "...in our sole and binding judgment..." because you are the person paying the bill and should reserve that right for yourself. You don't want to get blackmailed into accepting less than the level of service your business got when it first engaged the vendor.

Look for a vendor in your same jurisdiction. You're much more likely to get good service if you can just go down the street to small claims court or visit the vendor in person. See if the vendor clearly states where they are physically located. What does it tell you if the vendor is just an Internet address?

Finally, don't forget that the old saying that "possession is 9/10ths of the law" applies here. The unscrupulous vendor who has your money in their pocket or has open ended authority to charge what they will to your credit card will always have the advantage. A favorable TOS or SLA alone offers you, the purchaser, little or no protection or guarantee of acceptable service.

Outside of a local small claims court, no one is going to litigate over a couple thousand dollars. An unscrupulous vendor located in etherspace will take advantage of that. But if a US based vendor makes a written representation and you can clearly show that you relied on it to your detriment, the stage is set for intervention by United States regulatory authorities like the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or even a US law firm attracted by the triple damages offered by RICO legislation to put together a class action against a particularly egregious vendor. Then, just perhaps, you might get satisfaction.

Fortunately there are a number of sites like WHT that tolerate at least some criticism of errant vendors. Read the kudos and curses directed at your prospective vendor. Some kudos are just smoke and mirrors; but, don't forget that some curses are just users frustrated by their own errors. The rest should be pretty obvious.

Rest assured there are some very honest, dilligent and reliable service providers on the market. You just have to know what you want and look around for an outfit confident that it can meet your needs over the long haul.

Good luck!

Aza D. Oberman

philipdaniel 01-14-2012 01:01 AM

I want to suggest you for resellerclub or siliconhouse.net. Keep in mind that there is no one best, so match your requirements with web host services and then decide which one is best for you.

and5rey 01-19-2012 11:27 AM

I would recommend HostGator.

caisc 01-26-2012 02:43 PM

Test your service provider on following parameters -

Speed
Support
Uptime

and finally

Your budget ;)

maxgrow 01-27-2012 11:48 PM

if you willing to pay for quality and stable, you can easily find it. Look at the offer area and do a research on that host you got intersts with before signing up or go for their trial if there is

Collabora 01-27-2012 11:58 PM

To answer your question: GoDaddy