Web Hosting Talk

Web Hosting Talk (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/index.php)
-   Reseller Hosting (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hawkhost, Idologic, or Httpme? (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1114001)

rwilki 01-05-2012 12:48 AM

Hawkhost, Idologic, or Httpme?

Any thoughts, positive or negative comments about these companies?

RossMAN 01-05-2012 01:38 AM

You really did your homework and picked 3 highly regarded and reputable web hosts.

I have used HawkHost but only a shared hosting account, no problems at all. Servers fast, Litespeed, support is fast, great web site and affordable prices.

Idologic & HTTPme are my two favorite reseller web hosts and they have stellar reputations. I would narrow it down to which resources/price/server location are more appealing to you? Idologic's smallest package is $20/mo and I believe their servers are in Atlanta, Georgia. Idologic offers cPanel and cPanel control panels, I like having that choice. HTTPme's lowest package is almost double but the resources are considerably higher, servers located in Los Angeles. HTTPme has employees on site with the servers, very useful and (used to be more active) friendly forums. IMHO what sets Idologic and HTTPme apart from the competition is:

1) They have a long standing reputation which took years to build.
2) Great and consistent support.
3) Solid uptime.

A few other suggestions:
If price is important I would consider HawkHost.com's reseller with annual payment using their coupon. You can save a bundle but you are committing to 1 year. However they have great reviews and a good reputation here on WHT. I would read their TOS carefully. I'm looking to sign up for my 5th reseller account and I'm seriously considering HH but I need something to push me over the edge.

dathorn.com isn't the "flavor of the month" here on WHT anymore and rarely gets mentioned but old timers remember them. Great prices, fast servers and generous resources. Andrew runs a tight ship, I would suggest searching for reviews.

DowntownHost.com isn't cheap but they have glowing reviews and also offer a coupon in the hosting offers forum.

If you're looking for a smaller reseller account I would consider jonesolutions.com smallest package (run by WHT Moderator net). For $3.99 per month you get 2GB/10GB, there is a coupon in the hosting offers forum which doubles your hard drive space to 4GB.

I hope that helps :)

rwilki 01-05-2012 03:10 AM

Thanks RossMAN. Great advice. I like all three of the ones I asked about but Idologic and Httpme are kind of pricey. But after 10 years of reseller hosting, I'm so tired of problems and switching hosts. Would love to find a more permanent home... Thanks for your help.

XTremo 01-05-2012 04:04 AM

From personal experience Hawkhost are great!

Orien 01-05-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwilki (Post 7886375)
Thanks RossMAN. Great advice. I like all three of the ones I asked about but Idologic and Httpme are kind of pricey. But after 10 years of reseller hosting, I'm so tired of problems and switching hosts. Would love to find a more permanent home... Thanks for your help.

With that mindset, it's often a good idea to spend a bit more. :)

Yujin 01-05-2012 04:26 AM

I have no personal experience to any of these providers.
But comparing the price and features...I will pick Hawkhost.

I'm against price competition but I'm more against ridiculous pricing.
Compare their features, space, bandwidth, sla etc...and lastly the price.

It doesn't mean that if your item is expensive this will not fail. Because if this is true...I will buy the most expensive Hermes bag for my girl but this has be burn proof and scissors proof.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwilki (Post 7886375)
But after 10 years of reseller hosting, I'm so tired of problems and switching hosts. Would love to find a more permanent home... Thanks for your help.

Don't say that you're tired because if you stay stagnant you will end up not innovating and finding ways to improve your service.

trustedurl.com 01-05-2012 03:35 PM

Thanks for the recommendation RossMan, one note, we also offer DirectAdmin plans.

kpmedia 01-05-2012 04:07 PM

Stablehost and Stream101 are my go-to for low-cost USA Linux reseller hosting.
From the 3 mentioned by the OP, I'd pick HH.

JLHC 01-06-2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yujin (Post 7886426)
I have no personal experience to any of these providers.
But comparing the price and features...I will pick Hawkhost.

I'm against price competition but I'm more against ridiculous pricing.
Compare their features, space, bandwidth, sla etc...and lastly the price.

It doesn't mean that if your item is expensive this will not fail. Because if this is true...I will buy the most expensive Hermes bag for my girl but this has be burn proof and scissors proof.

IMHO for a high-end and high-quality setup, those providers doesn't seem to have "ridiculous pricing" and instead they are priced very reasonably. :agree:

Since you do not have any personal experience with them, I will advise you to refrain from making comments that may sound belittling towards them, which is against WHT rules. :wht:

FernGullyGraphics 01-06-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwilki (Post 7886208)
Any thoughts, positive or negative comments about these companies?

I do have to agree that just by looking at there plans httpme and Idologic seem very overpriced, unless I am missing something? looking at there higher end plans, you would almost be better off just spending a little more and getting a solid VPS (you'd have more control over your platform). I've never used any of the companies you have mentioned, so the only other advice I can give you is to contact all three companies and see which one gives you the better impression? Dont be afraid to ask them questions (have them address concerns you might have..ect). Who ever answers the best, I'd take into consideration over the rest, but I would also weigh in the pricing.

trustedurl.com 01-06-2012 12:26 PM

FernGullyGraphics, if you haven't used our services, how can you determine the value proposition of it? Or did you need to get your signature in? I'll leave that up to the readers to determine.

rwilki, if you have any further questions, do feel free to contact me directly here or through the usual channels.

Yujin 01-07-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHC (Post 7888110)
IMHO for a high-end and high-quality setup, those providers doesn't seem to have "ridiculous pricing" and instead they are priced very reasonably. :agree:

Since you do not have any personal experience with them, I will advise you to refrain from making comments that may sound belittling towards them, which is against WHT rules. :wht:

That's not belittling that's opinion.

You can agree that BMW is cheap and I can say that its overpriced.
It's opinion and personal definition of your so-called high-end and high-quality.

Tell me, will you consider your service low-end or low-quality?
I don't think so, because you will define it to what is pleasant and acceptable to you, ayt?

FernGullyGraphics 01-07-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustedurl.com (Post 7888615)
I'll leave that up to the readers to determine.

Good idea :agree:

JLHC 01-07-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yujin (Post 7889652)
That's not belittling that's opinion.

You can agree that BMW is cheap and I can say that its overpriced.
It's opinion and personal definition of your so-called high-end and high-quality.

Tell me, will you consider your service low-end or low-quality?
I don't think so, because you will define it to what is pleasant and acceptable to you, ayt?

I'm not sure if you can voice your "opinion" openly without first hand experience with them. I will leave this to the moderators to decide. :wht:

As for our reseller hosting sub-brand, it is a budget brand with budget services and budget pricing so yes, we are positioning it to be of lower-end and lower-quality than the two high-end and high-quality reseller providers mentioned (Idologic and Httpme). :agree:

Hexpress 01-12-2012 12:17 PM

I have a reseller account with Hawkhost two months ago, little time, but so far my experiance with them has been excellent.