Web Hosting Talk

Web Hosting Talk (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/index.php)
-   Web Hosting (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cheap Windows Hosting (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1101476)

yokowasis 11-24-2011 11:33 AM

Cheap Windows Hosting

Ok, Here is the thing. I am really a new Windows Developer. I have developed some PHP Application before, and now I would like to try ASP.Net Application. Unfortunately there isn't any cheap windows hosting out there I can find. I can find a lot of Free Linux to justify my hobby. Can I do the same for Windows ?

I don't need horse powered Server with unlimited space and bandwidth. I just need something cheaper than $10 a year. I have already found several $1 / month windows hosting. I just need it cheaper. It is not like I would gain income with my website, it is just a hobby.

hostingshoutcast 11-24-2011 11:38 AM

there aren't free hosting with windows beucase windows license it's more expensive then your Budget of 10$ a year

PCTechMe 11-24-2011 11:43 AM

Get the web platform installer and run the IIS applications on your computer. It's free.

AeonCube 11-24-2011 11:44 AM

More and more companies are starting to offer cheaper Windows hosting due to the drive spaces and larger server spec you can get these days.

I would say best bet is either the offers section, or you might be able to get a cheap package with someone like eukhost or cwcs.

Best of luck!

yokowasis 11-24-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hostingshoutcast (Post 7815394)
there aren't free hosting with windows beucase windows license it's more expensive then your Budget of 10$ a year

I am fully aware of that. And I am not asking something Free, although if there is one, why wouldn't ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCTechMe (Post 7815398)
Get the web platform installer and run the IIS applications on your computer. It's free.

Don't even need doing that. Visual Studio is all I need to test, But you can't learn how to deploy on Visual Studio or IIS, can you ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeonCube (Post 7815400)
More and more companies are starting to offer cheaper Windows hosting due to the drive spaces and larger server spec you can get these days.

I would say best bet is either the offers section, or you might be able to get a cheap package with someone like eukhost or cwcs.

Best of luck!

I have visited offer section but I don't see anywhere about Windows Hosting. I Will see eukhost / cwcs, thanks for your oppinion.

PCTechMe 11-24-2011 12:06 PM

You can absolutely learn to deploy in a local environment. As a matter of fact you are more likely to learn more in a local environment than you are with an inexpensive host as you will probably not have access to many of the tools that are available to you such as web deploy. Many hosts will not allow you access to use SSMSE remotely to manage MSSSQL either. Assuming you want to use a database at all, IMHO your budget is much too low for anything other than a point and click environment.

HostingASPNet 11-24-2011 01:58 PM

Hello,

I fully agree with PCTechMe. You could also install Virtual PC for testing purposes and to deploy and test your site there.

Regards

PremiumHost 11-24-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yokowasis (Post 7815391)
I have already found several $1 / month windows hosting. I just need it cheaper. It is not like I would gain income with my website, it is just a hobby.

You will definitely get into trouble with a $1/month windows hosting account.
Instead of looking for hosting plan less than $10/year, why not looking for free windows host? Would be same quality but may not have premium feature like MSSQL database.

yokowasis 11-25-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCTechMe (Post 7815427)
You can absolutely learn to deploy in a local environment. As a matter of fact you are more likely to learn more in a local environment than you are with an inexpensive host as you will probably not have access to many of the tools that are available to you such as web deploy. Many hosts will not allow you access to use SSMSE remotely to manage MSSSQL either. Assuming you want to use a database at all, IMHO your budget is much too low for anything other than a point and click environment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HostingASPNet (Post 7815575)
Hello,

I fully agree with PCTechMe. You could also install Virtual PC for testing purposes and to deploy and test your site there.

Regards

In local environment I don't even need to edit / config anything. What am I supposed to learn ? I have read that it is very hard to deploy ASP.Net for the first time. How am I supposed to learn how hard it is if I dont get any host ? It is similar with the Virtual Machine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PremiumHost (Post 7816157)
You will definitely get into trouble with a $1/month windows hosting account.
Instead of looking for hosting plan less than $10/year, why not looking for free windows host? Would be same quality but may not have premium feature like MSSQL database.

As I stated above, I don't really into fancy feature, just need to learn how to deploy it. If you know any Free ASP.Net Hosting, why don't you share ? I would love to check it out.

stevemark99 11-25-2011 09:43 AM

Managed service in windows hosting / Dedicate servers

Any one suggest me for managed services in windows dedicate server platform. Please provide me provider URLs who have good knowledge in windows plesk hosting services. They should able to take care of backup, security, os updates etc.

kpmedia 11-25-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevemark99 (Post 7816931)
Any one suggest me for managed services in windows dedicate server platform. Please provide me provider URLs who have good knowledge in windows plesk hosting services. They should able to take care of backup, security, os updates etc.

Ask EuroVPS for this.

hostnesta 11-26-2011 03:32 AM

You really need to be specific on what you mean by cheap. Is it in terms of resources or just to have your website hosted on a windows environment.

As for the price I think that low on a windows environment is very unreliable, and overselling on a windows server is very dangerous.

yokowasis 11-26-2011 10:58 AM

I don't really care about the specification. I am looking for asp.net hosting under $10 a year. I don't really care if it is a linux box running mono, as long as I got my application up and running, that's all. You got what you paid for. Even it is as little as 100 MB Diskpsace, it is fine.

infihosting 12-16-2011 04:02 AM

Windows hosting in $10/year, i don't think so its possible.

xcMittens 01-06-2012 10:34 PM

I would suggest just like some others did to run it off your computer.