Santa Clara, California – (The Hosting News) – May 27, 2009 – Provider of change management, user provisioning and access control software, Ensim Corporation, has made available its Ensim Unify Service Provider 4.7.0, developed in response to customer requests.
The upgrade incorporates a range of new features aimed at simplifying the day-to-day burden of activating, configuring and managing a service provider’s unified communications and collaboration infrastructure.
Originally co-developed with Microsoft, Ensim Unify Service Provider Edition enables service providers to centrally create, control and deliver hosted IP and application services. The latest version of Ensim Unify Service Provider delivers increased functionality and support for the latest Microsoft Hosted Messaging and Collaboration (HMC) improvements, such as Windows Server 2003 (SP2) and SQL 2005 (SP2), and the Microsoft Provisioning System (MPS) version 2.1, 2.2 and MPS bundled with HMC 4.0 and 4.5. It also provisions many additional services like BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BroadSoft BroadWorks that are not available as part of the HMC solution, as well as the ability to add custom services via the Ensim Unify SDK.
The key new features available in Version 4.7.0 include:
- Application Services Updates
- Application Services have been updated for the latest versions of Microsoft CRM, SharePoint, Exchange 2007, Office Communication Server (OCS) R2, Remote Desktop Services (RDS) 2008, Fenestrae Messaging Server 2008 and BroadSoft BroadWorks 14.
- New Platform Features and Functionality
- Mass Notification – enables service providers, resellers and organization administrators to send emails collectively to their child entities.
- Bulk user de-provisioning – allows organization administrators to select multiple users and de-provision them collectively as a single task.
- Password auto-generation – allows service providers, resellers and the organization administrators to automatically generate passwords for the users being created.
- Web Services API Enhancements – includes new capabilities for operations that can be performed at the organization level, reseller level, ISP level, and at these various levels combined.
Scott Young, vice president of marketing and product management at Ensim Corporation remarked, ”Ensim is committed to giving our customers the tools that keep them ahead of the curve by supporting the latest applications. With the latest version of Ensim Unify Service Provider Edition, service provider customers can focus on delivering their hosted services as opposed to developing them, and are afforded the convenience of deploying these services over any type of infrastructure.”
Ensim Service Provider Edition 4.7.0 is available immediately from Ensim by calling 1-888-248-4003 (1-408-496-3700 from outside the U.S.).
Founded in 1998, Ensim Corporation is a leading provider of service and application provisioning and access management software. Ensim products are used by service providers and enterprises worldwide to accelerate and enable deployment of integrated solutions, simplify and automate secure management of complex environments, and increase user and IT productivity. Ensim has over two million users under management and is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.
For more information, please visit: www.ensim.com.