What does this mean?

I did a check on my domain promptspace.com via IntoDNS. Found a few errors. Can somebody pls explain these

Nameservers are lame ERROR: looks like you have lame nameservers. The following nameservers are lame:
    SOA EXPIRE Your SOA EXPIRE number is: 3600000. That is NOT OK
    Reverse MX A records (PTR) ERROR: No reverse DNS (PTR) entries. The problem MX records are:
    42.41.169.109.in-addr.arpa -> no reverse (PTR) detected
    You should contact your ISP and ask him to add a PTR record for your ips
    PromptSpace - Web Services
    Host4Geeks
    Shared Hosting, Domains, Email Hosting, SSL
    US & UK hosting

A lame nameserver means that you have two different IP addresses for one of your name servers. For example, at the parent (domain registrar) level you have:

ns2.promptspace.com = 173.233.68.61

However, at the local level where you run your own name servers it's reporting that the IP address is:

ns2.promptspace.com = 109.169.41.81

You will need to either change the IP address at the parent level or the local level, so that both are reporting the same IP address for ns2. Does that make sense?

SOA expire is set too high, edit the DNS zone for promptspace.com and change it from 3600000 to 1200000.

A reverse MX entry means that when someone looks up 109.169.41.42 it should resolve to something like mail.promptspace.com or server.promptspace.com, it shouldn't be blank. If you contact your server provider they will be able to change that for you.
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    A lame nameserver means that you have two different IP addresses for one of your name servers. For example, at the parent (domain registrar) level you have:

ns2.promptspace.com = 173.233.68.61

However, at the local level where you run your own name servers it's reporting that the IP address is:

ns2.promptspace.com = 109.169.41.81

You will need to either change the IP address at the parent level or the local level, so that both are reporting the same IP address for ns2. Does that make sense?
    It makes sense, and before posting I checked my IP addresses with Moniker my registrar. The IP address shows 109.169.41.81. So I don't know what is the problem. Any pointers ? In the mean-time I have deleted and resaved the ns2 record.
    SOA expire is set too high, edit the DNS zone for promptspace.com and change it from 3600000 to 1200000.
    What exactly is SOA?
    A reverse MX entry means that when someone looks up 109.169.41.42 it should resolve to something like mail.promptspace.com or server.promptspace.com, it shouldn't be blank. If you contact your server provider they will be able to change that for you.
    Thanks
    PromptSpace - Web Services
    Host4Geeks
    Shared Hosting, Domains, Email Hosting, SSL
    US & UK hosting